Player
    Character
    Illyasviel Einzbern
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesmart View Post
    Seems like Square Enix missed out on a noticeable chunk of the smartphone population. Perhaps post this in the feedback forums?
    The market share of Windows Phone is a rounding error on the shares of iOS and Android. It's not a noticeable chunk, it's a statistically insignificant chunk.

Square-Enix can't even get this app out on Android in a timely manner, which controls >75% share of the world's smartphone market. To think they will ever get around to Windows Phone, or Blackberry, or Symbian, or anything else is a bad joke.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mezha'ra Athan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    You know I hate to say it, but it's apps like these that make me second guess my Windows 8 phone. I've had a Nokia Lumia 928 for a while now, and the phone is great, but in today's world a phone is only the sum of it's apps. And as much as I would like to see the authenticator and Libra Eorzea released for the Windows 8 platform, for some reason I just don't see SE "bothering" with it. -SNIP-
    I completely agree I am on the search for a new phone atm (my first smart phone ever!) and I initially made the decision to go with the lumia 820 (I have a old nokia 1600 LOL! and I was quite happy with it) But this morning something started nagging at me and I realized I dint do any research on the apps available and I completely forgot libra isn't even made for android yet and no single announcement for WP8 either so now I am having a serious doubt if I actually should get the lumia or go with the masses and get an android phone instead. I am not a person that buys phones every year or every 2 years so this really made a dent in my original plans >_>
    (0)

Player
    I've returned! First I find pants, then Louisoix dies for sending me to the void.
    Character
    Uni Neko
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 72
    NECROTHREAD! RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Out of curiosity, I ran a search for game related apps on windows phone, and actually found a 5 star app for Star Citizen. You're telling me that us windows phone users can get worthwhile apps for a game that only recently went alpha, but we can't get an incredibly useful app for a game that has been on the market for some time? At this point, I'd be satisfied with SE giving a statement about why they won't port Libra Eorzea to WP, despite the clear demand for it, but no, they have to leave us in the dark and SOoL.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    They gave us a statement and doing any bit of research would tell you it's just not that supported of a platform compared to Apple and Android.
    (0)

Player
    I've returned! First I find pants, then Louisoix dies for sending me to the void.
    Character
    Uni Neko
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post
    They gave us a statement and doing any bit of research would tell you it's just not that supported of a platform compared to Apple and Android.
    your source?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Spikie Ragnarok
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 31
    I just submitted an unofficial FFXIV app to the WP8.1 store, I hope it'll get through soon. initial release only has items & recipes, i'm planning to add jobs, dungeons, quests, etc. in future releases

twitter account @libraryofeorzea

screens:
    http://i62.tinypic.com/s0vj2b.jpg
    http://i58.tinypic.com/2jcj3ow.jpg
    http://i58.tinypic.com/dzbfbd.jpg
    http://i61.tinypic.com/2vtdr9u.jpg
    http://i62.tinypic.com/xe2xeg.jpg

please let me know what content has priority for you and if you find any bugs

EDIT:
    app passed submission already! Link isn't active yet so give it a few minutes:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...4-06c3285c9087
    (1)
    Last edited by sp1k1e; 07-25-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    I got a windows phone.
    Aside from browsing and calls, it's basically worthless. And typing is horrible, and I freeze often.
    This thing has almost zero worthwhile applications. Still. What point is all that apparent power if there's so little that takes advantage of it?

Soon as my contract ends I am ditching this piece of crap.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    In Q1 2014 Windows phone made up 2.7% of the smartphone market, that's actually down from 3.2% in the same period last year but sine 2011 its still going up. but still a very small market.

Source
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Spikie Ragnarok
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsus View Post
    In Q1 2014 Windows phone made up 2.7% of the smartphone market, that's actually down from 3.2% in the same period last year but sine 2011 its still going up. but still a very small market.

Source
    agreed, but when you look at local markets, especially in Europe, you'll see that there are quite a few countries where WP is very close or even surpassed iOS marketshare. here in Belgium WP makes up 15% of the smarphone market
    (0)

Player
    Character
    High Quality
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramul View Post
    I got a windows phone.
    Aside from browsing and calls, it's basically worthless. And typing is horrible, and I freeze often.
    This thing has almost zero worthwhile applications. Still. What point is all that apparent power if there's so little that takes advantage of it?

Soon as my contract ends I am ditching this piece of crap.
    What model...? I don't experience any of those and couldn't be happier with my Windows Phone. Will never go back to Android/iOS.
    (1)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast