Player
    Character
    Daragust Skylles
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    Windows 8 users have become today's "macintosh user" Where's the MacOS version of the game? Shouldn't Mac users be entitled to it? Even though they make up 9% of of (falling) computer sales?
    Most amusing part of this quote? Win 8 adoption just passed the sum total of all users on OSX.

http://www.apppicker.com/news/9258/W...th-7-4-percent

Not arguing for or against, just seemed humorous given the comparison :P
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rezzo Redpriest
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    You know I hate to say it, but it's apps like these that make me second guess my Windows 8 phone. I've had a Nokia Lumia 928 for a while now, and the phone is great, but in today's world a phone is only the sum of it's apps. And as much as I would like to see the authenticator and Libra Eorzea released for the Windows 8 platform, for some reason I just don't see SE "bothering" with it. They know the vast amount of their subscribers either use an iPhone or an Android phone of some kind so in their minds they've already got the mobile market covered. It's a shame really, because like I said before, the Windows 8 platform is great, it just doesn't have enough app support and as such will never have the same amount of users as Apple and Google.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mushy Tailspin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    You know I hate to say it, but it's apps like these that make me second guess my Windows 8 phone. I've had a Nokia Lumia 928 for a while now, and the phone is great, but in today's world a phone is only the sum of it's apps. And as much as I would like to see the authenticator and Libra Eorzea released for the Windows 8 platform, for some reason I just don't see SE "bothering" with it. They know the vast amount of their subscribers either use an iPhone or an Android phone of some kind so in their minds they've already got the mobile market covered. It's a shame really, because like I said before, the Windows 8 platform is great, it just doesn't have enough app support and as such will never have the same amount of users as Apple and Google.
    For app developers that want to be noticed this is a perfect place. Though you might not get the same number of sells but everything on iphone & especially android are free with ads, or are pirated. Look at the numbers of sales on the windows phone alone for your average app that costs 1-6 dollars, and it justifies developing for. After that you can always port. WP is the easiest to develop for after all and the October update for Windows desktop & WP is going to be adding a lot of great features.

Why SE cannot put the token app on the phone is just pure laziness. much smaller studios have done it, including the blackberry
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Al Jinn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushy View Post
    There is an token app for WP/Blackberries from Blizzard, Trion(rift), ArenaNet, I have heard of others. BUT LITERALLY EVERY COMPANY THAT HAS A 1 TIME PASSWORD SYSTEM RELEASES THE APP FOR ALL THE 4 MAJOR SMART PHONES!
    You got the point already: each company focusing on security issues has released its token app on every current platform!

This is a basic feature to get your account secured. Even more when it contains payment information.
    Of course we cannot use a 3rd party program on our computer to get this done because it totally ruins the main concept of the 2-step login verification: Use an external mobile device (physical token or else) to get your identity verified when you login.

It's a shame SE doesn't care about releasing this feature for all players instead of most.
    Now all we have to do is buy that lame physical token for X bucks and take it everywhere we go and play FF while others enjoy this freely (y).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Garrick Wulf
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    I'd love a Windows Phone One-Time Password App >.<
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mia'ra Ai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 18
    Win 8 phones/tablets aren't the standard yet, but it's looking like they might be in the very near future. Not making a windows port of these apps would be a serious oversight.

I also agree with the sentiment of others in this thread suggesting that those who would choose say, and iPad/iPhone over a win 8 tablet/phone haven't given the win 8 a try. I hated how incompatible the iPad was and how ultimately useless it was as anything but a fancy toy. That's also why the iPhone has so many apps, because it really needs an app for everything and anything to be able to function at all. But it's also a platform that's been around for a while, whereas the windows phones/tablets are still a relatively new platform, which explains the lack of apps thus far.

On a side note, being able to plug your device straight into your pc (most of which, let's face it, run windows) without any additional software is AMAZING. That, and boy do they run smooth. Most heavy-duty software on the market is also coded for windows and I can see the next generation of win 8 tablets replacing laptops as the portable working device of choice.

It's true that iPads became very fashionable because of apple's eye for branding, but I feel they're finally on their way out. Already the sales of older iPads are winning out on the sales of newer ones while the higher performance win 8 tablets seem to sell out as soon as they're released.

Now if only the apps would get with the times....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Red River
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    ...will never have the same amount of users as Apple and Google.
    Never say never.

Blackberry was THE dominant platform less than four years ago. Consumers especially are extremely fickle. What is in-style/popular one day can change in an instant. There is absolutely zero security in the iOS/Samsung (let's not kid ourselves: Samsung IS Android) dominance at the moment. Both are one bad release away from seeing their market fall out from underneath them.

I'd also like to see a WP8/Win 8 version of these apps and services, please!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baby Cake
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 40
    I'd love to see this app on a symbian phone
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gilraen Bior
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I think part of the problem is licensing. Microsoft is known for it's... 'exclusive' licensing. It's this very licensing that has kept XIV off of a Microsoft console and almost kept XI off the 360, too. It's also why Square and Microsoft don't exactly get along. If an app does make it's way to a Microsoft phone, it's not going to be anytime soon, if at all.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Brew Haha
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 29
    Quote Originally Posted by AlJinn View Post
    It's a shame SE doesn't care about releasing this feature for all players instead of most.
    This x1000.

I really don't get how releasing the token app for Droid/WP/BB isn't a priority for SE. More people with tokens means fewer hacked accounts, which means fewer gil sellers and less money spent on GMs/CSRs. An initial monetary loss to translate and upload the app to each respective phone's app store would almost certainly be outweighed by the monetary loss of dealing with the current magnitude of hacked accounts/gil spammers for the entire lifespan of the game.

SE needs to make this happen!
    (0)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast