Player
    Character
    Mr Hobbit
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60

Consistent/fast way to Spirit bound LVL 50 AF crafter gear

as the title says anyone got a good way to relativly quickly spirit bound items as a crafter i though of quick synthesis but am not sure about how well its gonna spirit bound items if i lets say go and quick synthesis few honderd electrum ingots cause of there low lvl compared to lvl 50 items any suggestions?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    From what I've seen, the item still has to give you "experience". So if say like Goldsmith, there's people selling raw zircon for 30 gil each or so (or amethyst for 8 gil each for a tier lower). You grab a stack of those with a fresh set of equipment, spiritbond it up (recommend the level 48 tool so you can convert that too), make sure you have a replacement equipment. Convert it all, get lots of +Craftsmanship and +Control materia from your tools and armor, +CP from your accessories mostly.

When an item is HQ, it seems to spiritbond a lot faster than NQ. I have not yet tried out additional +Spiritbonding to figure out the thresh hold, but it seems to be the 2.0 way of things. If you are short on cash, you can probably pawn one of your new +Craft/Control materia off while they're still overpriced and fuel 4 to 6 more sets more of equipment.

And while I may have revealed my scheme, the current situation and what mass spread will do benefits me either way at this point. *evil laugh... just before Odin splits me in half and causes the server to crash*
    (0)
    Last edited by Fiosha_Maureiba; 09-11-2013 at 02:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHobbit View Post
    as the title says anyone got a good way to relativly quickly spirit bound items as a crafter i though of quick synthesis but am not sure about how well its gonna spirit bound items if i lets say go and quick synthesis few honderd electrum ingots cause of there low lvl compared to lvl 50 items any suggestions?
    havent try it myself, but my best bet is crafting any one star recipe, since its the equivalent of the crafter AF

Player
    Character
    Artemis Fall
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    I craft tons of * stuff but there spiritbond gain is stilll super slow.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    make sense since it the same level
    probably only get like what, less than 100 xp for that lol

Player
    Character
    Strov Sable
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    4 Cobalt Ingots = 1% as BSM (on lvl 45+ HQ gear)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vin Weasel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I started out crafting with some Aetheryte rings trying to sb them hoping to get some T4 crafting materias. I started getting impatient and tried harvesting lvl 49 Lava toads with them for a bit to move the sb along. I gave up doing that and used them on a melee job farming hippos which moved them much faster. When I finally converted them, I got a T4 Piety and a T3 water lol orz. A friend sb'd her nq weaver set and converted every piece to T3 crafting materias.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Puck
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin_Weasel View Post
    I started out crafting with some Aetheryte rings trying to sb them hoping to get some T4 crafting materias. I started getting impatient and tried harvesting lvl 49 Lava toads with them for a bit to move the sb along. I gave up doing that and used them on a melee job farming hippos which moved them much faster. When I finally converted them, I got a T4 Piety and a T3 water lol orz. A friend sb'd her nq weaver set and converted every piece to T3 crafting materias.
    Damn, I was reading that and getting excited at the idea but then there were tears.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Apollo Sieghart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    What I do to bond with craft gear:

1.Equip craft gear
    2.Equip my lance (DRG50)
    3.Find some 40-45 mobs that drop a marketable item
    4.Grind those
    5.Bond, convert, repeat.

Its a bit grindy and might take a bit longer, but its free vs shards/mats!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mujaki Taargus
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Buy/make a bunch of 45+ crafting gear. Get a few pieces of the +spiritbind gear. There's a +1 neck and ring (bracer?) I think from seals, a +3 ring from a quest in Camp Bronze Lake, a +1 crown you get from getting the achievement for melding 5 pieces of materia to 1 item which is easy to do to low level stuff.

Grab as many bards/black mages that are leveling as you can and make an 8 man group in Northern Thanalan. Have your FC turn on spiritbinding buff. Do Dark Devices fate and get as many tags on mobs as possible. Doing this I would go from like 0-75% spiritbind in a single DD (10-15 min). Have a backup set of gear and just switch during the next DD fate.

Rinse and repeat.
    (1)