Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Cotje Ruano
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Awesome to see a community rep comment on this. Thank you Hvinire!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Bel Rumpelstiltzkin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Since we got a dev post on this I might as well ask about this too: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html

This is supposedly a program that can help with the latency issues people are having, albeit not something that works for everyone is this even allowed? I am not very computer savvy so it would be nice to get a rep response on it simply because I'd love to try it if it is allowed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mia Zero
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltzkin View Post
    Since we got a dev post on this I might as well ask about this too: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html

This is supposedly a program that can help with the latency issues people are having, albeit not something that works for everyone is this even allowed? I am not very computer savvy so it would be nice to get a rep response on it simply because I'd love to try it if it is allowed.
    It is not a modification of the game and it's data itself but a modification of the inner workings of your OS and thus it is allowed. BUT it is NOT recommended to do this as it actually does decrease the overall network/internet performance. It is way too technical to list here but yeah, there is a reason why such a "lag" feature exists in the first place The only way to reduce the lag is for SE to use UDP instead of TCP with proper mechanisms to ensure the integrity of the data flow between the client and the server.
    (4)

Character
    Arya Stark
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed as it does absolutely nothing to FFXIV (or any game) itself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kit Cat
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    Utilizing such a tool would not violate any agreements customers have with Square Enix, and we don't plan on doing anything to restrict users from accessing it.

However, we advise that players use this at their own risk. Square Enix does not regulate the content of the aforementioned add-on and will not be responsible for any damage or losses resulting from its use.
    Thank you! Can't wait to see a public release to try now <3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chronos Raum
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You don't have to modify game files to violate the TOS. Interacting with the executable, as the program you're referencing does, is against the TOS.
    You are incorrect.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Nutty Sweeet
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

I've done many tests making the change in the registry whilst monitoring my latency through the performance monitor, and I've come to discover that this "fix" is actually detriment to the game. My latency is always a good 20ms higher on average when using the "fix", and that's not to mention all the other detrimental affects it is having on your system.

Those features were put into Windows by people far far smarter who know more about networking than any of us. It is there for a reason and personally, I don't think you should touch it no matter what the circumstance. But again I can confirm it does not help FFXIV in the slightest, so please don't do it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sweeet; 10-11-2013 at 06:09 AM.
    Professor Internet Says: http://www.systemcomic.com/2011/08/03/so-youre-mad-about-something-on-the-internet/

Character
    Oktai Kahkol
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Now I want to see a guide of how to put this thing into place. >.> Someone go do it.
    (0)

Character
    Khalus Akuhei
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Well this was an obvious an expected response!

Anyroad, now I wait until the OP gives us a link to the injector/his settings, etc. Would certainly like to give it a try and see if I like it...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fhorte Dakwhil
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Same, Ive been using SweetFX for a while so Id like to compare them.
    (1)

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast