Character
    Anilogas Xetakilyn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Warrior / Marauder DPS definitely viable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxMxL...ature=youtu.be

had some 5 minute geruda kills and decided to fraps it and show some scenes of the warrior / marauder potential of dps. check it out, the end displays potential dps and skill rotations too.

I was parsing around 160-180 on Titan, dpsing as a marauder.

I use geruda axe and bravura axe
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Sapphidia Wulfhaven
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Wow, very interesting. Always cool seeing people pushing limits of the class. I assume Marauder was the higher option due to being able to pull Lancer/Archer dps cross class options.

I had a friend trying this but the major worry was simply threat - I guess if you arent running in defiance you can generally use a standard dps rotation that includes Skull Sunder and Butchers, as your video shows at the end. Is there a viable dps rotation that uses skills that don't have bonus enmity? (Storms path line interwoven with frac and other crossclass skills?)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xariann Dawnrise
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I have been running warrior DPS too with friends. The instances didn't seem to go any slower. Nice to see I wasn't insane for doing it!

P.S.: I just noticed who posted above me, yes I am that friend!
    (0)
    Last edited by Xariann; 09-10-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kaladin Stormblessed
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    What DPS are the "DPS" Classes able to get? I mean if you are getting 170 dps but other dps classes are in the 250-300 range, you are still doing bad dps ( My guess would they do around 170-200 ) But if you could show something to compare to that would be nice to see.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Griffeth White
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Derza, having a second tank there ready to pick up the boss if the first one dies and able to pull out 170 DPS is rather amazing and very nice to have.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaladin Stormblessed
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I'm not saying its a bad thing at all.. I just wanted some comparison... oh and marauder won't be able to tank if the other tank dies in those fights. Having the comparison and if they are very close I could queue as a marauder for 8 mans that only 1 tank is needed... and have some facts to back up my viability but i would need to have something to compare to. Would also be nice if after comparing you find out other DPS only pulls 150 dps but that is not likely heh.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anilogas Xetakilyn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Derza View Post
    What DPS are the "DPS" Classes able to get? I mean if you are getting 170 dps but other dps classes are in the 250-300 range, you are still doing bad dps ( My guess would they do around 170-200 ) But if you could show something to compare to that would be nice to see.

top dps pre-relic weapons the BEST players do around 170-185, MOST players do around 140-160, anyone around 150 is a really good find for titan
    (0)
    Last edited by Anilogas; 09-10-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Griffeth White
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    I was going to say most palyers around the 150 to 190 range depending on the gear they have.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shaenrael Calgarawyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I've been thinking about this too.

The thing is, MRD would have significantly more DPS due to access to Blood for Blood and Raging Strike. But unfortunately it's only available in darklight and allegan (or crafted) gear.

Also you wouldn't have access to your Relic weapon either.

But those cooldowns would probably more than compensate for the lack of the relic weapon. Kind of bums me out that we'd still not have access to the Darksteel Haubergon or Darklight Haubergeon either as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Derza View Post
    I'm not saying its a bad thing at all.. I just wanted some comparison... oh and marauder won't be able to tank if the other tank dies in those fights. Having the comparison and if they are very close I could queue as a marauder for 8 mans that only 1 tank is needed... and have some facts to back up my viability but i would need to have something to compare to. Would also be nice if after comparing you find out other DPS only pulls 150 dps but that is not likely heh.
    They actually would be able to pick up the boss, but they wouldn't be able to tank for nearly as long and would probably die. You will still be in Heavy Darksteel/Darklight armor, so you will have the Parry rating, Armor value, and a decent amount of Vit. But if you're a MRD you won't be able to swap over to Defiance so you would be down a significant amount of HP and no HP buff and limited self heals.
    (0)
    Last edited by Hachiko; 09-10-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Xariann Dawnrise
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Anilogas View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxMxL...ature=youtu.be

had some 5 minute geruda kills and decided to fraps it and show some scenes of the warrior / marauder potential of dps. check it out, the end displays potential dps and skill rotations too.

I was parsing around 160-180 on Titan, dpsing as a marauder.

I use geruda axe and bravura axe
    Oh btw, what parser do you use? I found one but I can't get it to work.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast