Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Character
    Exsham Malodo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I was doing speed runs of The Praetorium last night and was doing about 140 DPS, with a a DPS set and my Grand company weapon. I could see with better gear doing more but I think pure DPS will still do more. I've been thinking about trying Marauder and using more cross class skills.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jaeger Strauss
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63
    Wouldn't that hurt your survivabilty?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Griffeth White
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Most of the 8 mans if done right can be 1 tanked. If the second tank has a DPS set that can be used when he doesnt need to tank and can do respectable damage then there is no reason not to use it if the main tank wont die. Im going to start building a set myself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Griffeth White
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    What would be our typical skill layout and rotation for a DPS warrior. Im guessing the high potancy combo with the maim and Storm's Eye debuff up?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faction Mal'ganis
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    The exact same rotation as when tanking. At the start of fights you usually want to use the maim combo a few times first otherwise you'll pull enmity.

That said don't expect much, you can do like 70% of the damage of a good DPS at most, and due to the innate disadvantages of being melee and also being threat capped, it's not good at all. Thread title is very misleading and was just trying to eyecatch for some youtube views.
    (0)
    Last edited by Faction; 09-24-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Griffeth White
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Faction: It seems that warriors can do rather comparable DPS until classes start getting their relic weapons, as we will be stuck with either the Ifrit/Garuda weapons they will have Relic or Relic + 1 which will put us at a disadvantage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faction Mal'ganis
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffeth View Post
    Faction: It seems that warriors can do rather comparable DPS.
    Have you actually tried? You really can't. You can outdamage people in whites or people who don't know what they're doing, but equal gear it's~20% less than most non-melee DPS, even pre-relic, as I said. For example, perfect situation (IE: Target standing still and a short fight, like Demon Wall) an AK geared Bard with a Garuda bow does ~200-210DPS, while a Marauder in equal gear does 170-180. Usually the gap is larger, because melee has to move around a lot and loses more DPS time due to movement.

That said the difference really isn't so bad that you couldn't do it if you wanted to, but there's no real benefit to it. If you're going to spend your philo tomes on DPS gear then you might as well just level a lancer or bard instead.
    (0)
    Last edited by Faction; 09-25-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kana Nagai'tabi
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    I am pretty sure gladiator and marauder will eventually have DPS paths with their own endgame gear.

I don't play a gladiator but was a little disappointed to find out it could only really tank.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hola Roxanne
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by RitzNBitz View Post
    I am pretty sure gladiator and marauder will eventually have DPS paths with their own endgame gear.

I don't play a gladiator but was a little disappointed to find out it could only really tank.
    wait for the 2nd job for each class

its easy to add a dps job for MRD, but GLA on the other hand, need to have most of the skills revamped in order to have a dps job.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4