Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Anilogas Xetakilyn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    churchill is smoking some dope if he thinks easily over 200 with a primal weapon. any dps class rolling numbers above 180 with a primal is extremely good. typically you'll see most dps classes parse around 140-165ish, and thats ok for most fights until turn 4 in coil, where you need 200+
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Derza View Post
    Should be? Do you have any data backing this or are you just assuming based off the amount he was able to do as warrior/marauder?
    What data would you like? The first thing you need to understand is it is very difficult to get an accurate DPS statistic from any of the parsers. However, if you reset it prior to anyone engaging and only let it run for the duration of the fight (single, boss fight) it's not going to be too far off outside of its DoT estimation and tracking. If you want to get more accurate, you can account for total damage done yourself and do the math after figuring out the total time in combat (via recording, stream, etc). Also understand that fights like Primals cause people to take a hit on DPS (somewhat) due to jumps but fights like Garuda (adds) can boost numbers in addition to the fact that you are using CD buffs more often. Amdapor Keep is a pretty low stress dungeon to practice rotations in and like I said before, Primal Weapons can easily be over 200 for each of those boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Anilogas View Post
    churchill is smoking some dope if he thinks easily over 200 with a primal weapon. any dps class rolling numbers above 180 with a primal is extremely good. typically you'll see most dps classes parse around 140-165ish, and thats ok for most fights until turn 4 in coil, where you need 200+
    Completely not true and horrible misuse of adjectives.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kuro Kenshi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    After having played warrior on most MMO games it came to me as a shock that warrior was a tank only job.
    I leveled Marauder on beta and found out I would end up as tank, I don't mind tanking though but I'd rather dps. So on the early acces i went lancer since it was as close as I could get to a warrior dps. I still hope they might add a dps option for warriors or when they add the new jobs like ninjas and the samurai, who would bw the warrior epe we all want.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Philia Felice
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    My group's parser records over 200 for highly geared DPS, a bit less for lesser geared. This is accurate according to my calculations of my personal damage/time + proc damages + Raging Strikes + Swift Cast - minor cooldown phase on my BLM, so I trust the data. I personally get around 240 as a relatively highly geared (currently) non-relic user, and when I'm hitting for near 600 damage every 2.5 seconds there's no way I'm getting too much lower than 200 even in fights I have to occasionally dodge.

However, one of our group members has a parser that records wildly lower numbers, almost half. Some parsers or timings are just plain off.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sleigh; 09-12-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Xariann Dawnrise
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Furio View Post
    If you just want to DPS as a warrior, do you have to unequip the soul or is it sufficient to just cancel defiance? Also, your dps was 170-180, is that any good compared to pures? e.g. blms bards etc...

The problem with warriors is that our primary class (MAR) is also a tank...
    Are you familiar with cross class skills? If you unequip your warrior soul you can use up to 10 skills from any class. That means that you can use DPS skills that help you. As to how it compares to the pures, he mentions it in the thread.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mazus Valefor
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Extremely curious on more results about this.

I really don't care much for any of the current DPS and if the MRD can put out the same if not very close to the same numbers I will probably just roll with them as my next class. Any other people able to replicate the same results?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eronn Erudio
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryzen View Post

I really don't care much for any of the current DPS and if the MRD can put out the same if not very close to the same numbers I will probably just roll with them as my next class. Any other people able to replicate the same results?
    Early on you will do decently, just a step below actual damage classes but not that far. As soon as they start to get gear you will drastically fall off, and are really not viable. I have not tried it as a Marauder with the full set damage cross-class cooldowns yet though.
    (0)
    < Modified >
    End Game PvE Progression Company
    www.modifiedcompany.com

Player
    Character
    Anilogas Xetakilyn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryzen View Post

main problem is , marauders cannot use ilvl 90 mythology gear, and the relic weapon. you are stuck using garuda / titan weapon and thus you get outgeared / outclassed. pre-relics, my marauder did very similar dps to other melee dps classes; however, now, he is just severely undergeared due to darklight being terrible for dps (im stuck using level 60 gear from AK)

if you can fully gear out from bahamuts coil though, i am 100% sure our dps as a marauder will be equal (OR better) to other dps classes as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tru Xtaci
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    i wonder. all the gear for AF2 DOW atleast the chest piece all give the same str, which increases attack power. even for the paladin and warrior you could see they all give +29 str. Also i noticed the attack potency for the class skills of the melee DPS( monk, dragoon) bootshine for monk(13- potency), true strike for monk(150 potency), true thrust for dragoon(150 potency). Compared to warrior basic combo; heavy strike( 150 potency), Skull sunder combo (200), and butchers block combo (280) all lay within the same range as the other melee. The only difference I see is what warriors decide to spread their stat points across( str or vit) that determines their capability. To top it off the damage on the relic weapons of all the melee class are the same, basic and +1.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Griffeth White
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Has anyone tried this out lately? Are we still doing comparable DPS?
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast