Player
    Character
    Big Mac
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 29

Bonus Attribute Point Allocation

Here is what I'm trying to find out. If you level up as a Lancer to lv50 and put a total of 30 attribute points in to Strength then switch to Marauder at lv1 will your strength 30 points higher than that of some one who just started a new Marauder and has not leveled in any other class; because the bonus attribute points apply to your characters base attributes which are shared between each class?

Basically this is the way I think this works. To max out a character you would need to level all classes to lv50 and apply all 30 attribute points from each class into the respective classes stat affinity. Except for THM and ARC in which you might put 10 points from each into PIE to increase your max MP.

GLA - 30 in VIT
    MRD - 30 in VIT
    ACH - 30 in DEX
    LAN - 30 in STG
    PUG - 30 in STG
    CON - 30 in MND
    THM - 20 in INT 10 in PIE
    ARC - 20 in INT 10 in PIE

Can any one confirm this or shed some light on this?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ampersand Kai
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Each class has its own separate set of bonus attribute points, which apply to the Job(s) that stem from that class as well as the class itself. Leveling LNC/DRG to 50 gives you 30 points to put towards LNC/DRG. When you switch to MRD, you start at zero again. Level MRD/WAR to 50, and you'll get 30 new points to put toward MRD/WAR along the way. Switch back to LNC/DRG and your 30 LNC/DRG points will be as you left them, completely untouched by your LNC/DRG points, and vice versa.

Say at 50, your base stats (before bonuses) are 300 each. On LNC, you put all 30 into STR, and on MRD, you put all 30 into VIT. On LNC/DRG, you'll have 300 VIT and 330 STR. On MRD/WAR, you'll have 300 STR and 330 VIT.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Big Mac
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 29
    Quote Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
    Each class has its own separate set of bonus attribute points, which apply to the Job(s) that stem from that class as well as the class itself. Leveling LNC/DRG to 50 gives you 30 points to put towards LNC/DRG. When you switch to MRD, you start at zero again. Level MRD/WAR to 50, and you'll get 30 new points to put toward MRD/WAR along the way. Switch back to LNC/DRG and your 30 LNC/DRG points will be as you left them, completely untouched by your LNC/DRG points, and vice versa.

Say at 50, your base stats (before bonuses) are 300 each. On LNC, you put all 30 into STR, and on MRD, you put all 30 into VIT. On LNC/DRG, you'll have 300 VIT and 330 STR. On MRD/WAR, you'll have 300 STR and 330 VIT.
    okay that makes sense and yet sucks all at the same time I guess you just have to spend all your points wisely or I could start a petition to have the game mechanic changed to have those points apply across each Class.
    Thank you
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Badger Badager
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 50
    Why change it? If I read your comment correctly, allowing the points to apply cross-class would end up with 60 bonus points in most stats, something I'm sure they don't want to happen. Or assuming someone adds the 30 points to one attribute no matter what class they played, it would end up with +240 points to one stat...very unbalancing to say the least. And if you capped it at 30 per attribute, then you'd have leftover points.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sad Panda
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Not trying to be a jerk but I just answered this same question for you 20 minutes ago on the thread 4 below yours.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sad Panda
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterDarkR View Post
    Okay this is what I've been looking for I hope. According to what Chococo and HEC have posted. If you level up as a Lancer to lv50 and put a total of 30 attribute points in to Strength then switch to Marauder at lv1 your strength should be 30 points higher than that of some one who just started a new Marauder and has not leveled in any other class.

So basically to max out a character you would need to level all classes to lv50 and apply all 30 attribute points from each class into the respective classes stat affinity. Except for THM and ARC in which you might put 10 points from each into PIE to increase your max MP.

GLA - 30 in VIT
    MRD - 30 in VIT
    ACH - 30 in DEX
    LAN - 30 in STG
    PUG - 30 in STG
    CON - 30 in MND
    THM - 20 in INT 10 in PIE
    ARC - 20 in INT 10 in PIE
    This is the one
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sad Panda
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I stand corrected, I looked at the timestamp and your posted this earlier today. My apologies. But no this is not how it works, your classes are not connected in anyway with their point allocation. Only in being able to use abilities cross class.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Big Mac
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 29
    Each class has a different affinity to one stat or the other for example Ach gain bonus damage off of DEX where Gld gain a bonus in damage for having high VIT however they also need points in DEX to increase their block and parry. A Mrd is suppose to have high VIT but their damage will not increase thus making you split your points into VIT and STG , THM and ARC need INT to boost there attack damage but you again would need to place points in VIT and PIE so your not so squishy and have plenty of MP. I think that if you take the time to level each class to max and earn 240 point they should be carried between classes and Jobs so that if you choose to be a BkM you can max the Gldr and MRD roll to place 60 point in your health so you don't take away from being a heavy damage BKM. If we were to get it changed any you had 240 points to place where ever you want after going through all the lvling if you place them evenly between all 6 stats you would only be placing 40 points in each stat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Big Mac
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 29
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrotor View Post
    I stand corrected, I looked at the timestamp and your posted this earlier today. My apologies. But no this is not how it works, your classes are not connected in anyway with their point allocation. Only in being able to use abilities cross class.
    I figured I should rephrase the question and present it more professionally Thank you for answering
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyronex Zero
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Why do so many people say ARC for Arcanist? It's ACN. ARC is archer.

ACN don't need PIE, if you're running out of mana all the time, you're doing something wrong.
    (0)