Player
    Character
    Elkwood Davidson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post

Any advice please? feel free to give me links/useful sites. I would appreciate it.
    Level fishing I took fishing to 42/43 and now have enough mats to level cooking and alchemy. Also don't buy what you dont have to spend the time and do some farming, 220k really? I am almost 25 and think I have spent maybe 10k on alchemy and 30k on cooking.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Darthjohnboy Quetz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I am currently levelling ALC and here's the method I use:

Use the Ul'Dah leve npc to get my leves. At 33 I crafted Intelligence potions. It's a level 20 leve, but all HQ items gives you 200% EXP and gil bonus, giving you 43,000+ EXP per leve. All of the materials are at the Ul'Dah alchemist guild and are very cheap, you will make a bunch of gil off it. You MUST craft each one manually as you want to HQ potions, the NQ ones just toss or store. Keep all your gear leveled for maximum HQ rates.

Once you hit 35 you will want to swap to poisoning potions. Formic acid is cheap, quicksilver is a level 1 craft and the materials are at the guild for cheap. Morbol vines may be an issue, but barring that, you could always fall back on the previous method. Poisoning potions will give you 60K EXP per leve, if you can manage to HQ some, you will get 60K per trade in, for potentially 180K per leve. You won't HQ reliably until 41+, but once you do, you should be able to fly until 50.

So far I've found ALC is far and away the cheapest craft to level. I made 75K, maybe more, using only leves from 20 to 35. HQing potions is key though, so be prepared to dig in and grind it out, as reliable HQ rates mean you must craft each one manually. For maximum satisfaction I craft 99+ of whatever I'm trading, and just run from leve npc to turn in npc, as they are literally 15 second run apart in Ul'Dah.

Unless someone's found a better way, I believe this will give you the most EXP per leve, and make you some easy money to boot.
    (1)
    Last edited by Johnno25; 09-11-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Wolfram
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I went from 25 to 40 on hi-potions alone. The key is to only turn in HQs and since the materials are able to be gathered by botony it takes maybe 1 hour to get enough materials for quite some time. The other thing you could consider is just looking at what people are selling HQ hi-pots for and buy them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sinbad Legend
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Awesome, thank you so much all! perfect info.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2