Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Haji Noirterel
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    That level 50 ability they get that lets you use any weapon skill you want needs to be level 1. Grease lightning should be a regular ability that you can turn on and off. They should do away with the forms cause it makes the job boring. having to start every fight with the same move and having all those weapon skill that you cant use is dumb. Only level to 15 to become a brd. So Im clueless as to what its like beyond that im never going to find out either.
    (0)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1712698/

Player
    Character
    Lotharius Lionheart
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I know some monks are enjoying there class which is great but you need to understand that if monks are far lower in population then any other class in the game then it needs to be balanced to bring more people to it otherwise it will just fall off.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kit Brinny
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I'm really enjoying my monk, but going into it I was always afraid that the class would underperform not because it is a monk, but because it is melee.

It is frustrating to feel very "screwed over" by fight mechanics, especially when most MMOs simply don't make melee dps desired over ranged because of it. I'm honestly deciding between monk, bard, or summoner to focus on especially since both bard and summoner offer the comfort of being ranged. Any endgame monks able to give some insight into how badly this game handles melee dpsers, especially monks? Do you ever feel frustrated with how our dps is handled (not number wise, more like level of frustration, etc).

Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mei Mei
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    I'm really enjoying my monk, but going into it I was always afraid that the class would underperform not because it is a monk, but because it is melee.

It is frustrating to feel very "screwed over" by fight mechanics, especially when most MMOs simply don't make melee dps desired over ranged because of it. I'm honestly deciding between monk, bard, or summoner to focus on especially since both bard and summoner offer the comfort of being ranged. Any endgame monks able to give some insight into how badly this game handles melee dpsers, especially monks? Do you ever feel frustrated with how our dps is handled (not number wise, more like level of frustration, etc).

Thanks!
    That's forum talk. It's more or less untrue once you step in the ring of ARR, and stop talking out of your...

Primal fights may benefit range users slightly, but over all, no way. Absolutely no way.

If anything brd is the most useless class in normal light parties. They have very low utilities, they can't off tank, they can't even take a hit, they can't sleep, they can't heal, the list goes on and on and on. I would take a blm over an archer for sleepga alone, let alone meteor LB. If it weren't for the song they would be total single uses.

Mnks are very min/max the counter weight to the all purpose Drg, but melees are absolutely needed as buffer to range.

from HP to def to limit break etc, you need a melee there. 1 tank - 1 melee 1 range 1 healer.

Mnks are faster, healthier, and more party useful, but they are very hard work with. It is what it is. A bad drg is just a bad drg, but a bad mnk is a missing member.
    (0)
    Last edited by kukurumei; 09-09-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kit Brinny
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Thank you for that. I apologize, I wasn't trying to claim that melee in general are useless, as I am absolutely unqualified to make that judgement as I am not even level 40 yet and thus have in no way experienced endgame. Just wanted to put my fears to rest based on experience in previous MMOs. I started to get worried after I fought a dragon in a fate battle in which I couldn't make use of my full arsenal of positional bonuses (the dragon was spinning, was on a ledge so I couldn't get behind, etc) so I had this overwhelming feeling of not being very useful...but perhaps I was simply overreacting!

Offtopic but since you mentioned utility, how useful are summoners in parties? Not counting dps, of course
    (0)
    Last edited by Teeko; 09-09-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3