Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Liliku Liku
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Bot shards are much less common now than they were a few weeks ago.

Shards are also trivial to gather. Even getting 594 fire and water shards to make say 99 buttons in a blanket is only going to take you an hour and a half or so. I have charted my shard gathering times. It takes me about 7 minutes to get 100 shards. If you're using them yourself and you're the sole supplier, an hour and a half is not excessive considering how many hours 99 foods will last you even if you're wiping a lot. How can you really say "You can't even have the GP to efficiently make a loop like I do." All you want is 300GP for your ward. Having more GP doesn't change your GP gain rate. You'll still get 5 GP back per swing, 5GP back per tick. You'll still be able to only do 1 ward every 300 GP.

There are issues with culinary, but I'd say the viability of two-star recipes is a bigger thing than the shard cost of popular recipes.
    (1)

Greetings,

We are currently working on adjustments for patch 2.1 to make it so food effects do not wear off when you are KOed.

We understand that there have been a lot of feedback asking for longer effect durations or higher stats when considering the materials needed for high level recipes, but we’d first like to monitor the situation with the planned adjustments.
    (118)
    Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Yurika Huin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

We are currently working on adjustments for patch 2.1 to make it so food effects do not wear off when you are KOed.

We understand that there have been a lot of feedback asking for longer effect durations or higher stats when considering the materials needed for high level recipes, but we’d first like to monitor the situation with the planned adjustments.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♡~(´ε` )
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Kitten Stomper
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    hmm.. well this is going to drive the price of food down.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Kluya Heiral
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Greetings,

Thank you so much for this news. I know many people who would love to have food last past death.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zahra Dubs
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenStomper View Post
    Very likely the opposite I suspect. Currently nobody uses food, except in t4+ Coil, for fear of lose upon death. Lasting through death will drastically increase the perceived value of food and more buyers = more demand = higher prices. Maybe not by too much, but they will be worth using at least.

Now the price for raw mats is the real question, will apkallu eggs be a nightmare in 2.1?
    (20)

Player

Greetings,

Great idea dev. even great point mr/ms kittenstomper.

Solution: Food remaining time drops 5-10 minutes upon every death.

Instead of being completely lost or completely de-valuing food, implement a way where upon each death the remaining time is diminished not completely eradicated?

Quote Originally Posted by zdub303 View Post
    Very likely the opposite I suspect. Currently nobody uses food, esp in coil/dungeons for fear of a wipe. Lasting through death will drastically increase the perceived value of food and more buyers = more demand = higher prices. Maybe not by too much, but they will be worth using at least.

Now the price for raw mats is the real question, will apkallu eggs be a nightmare in 2.1?
    Speak for yourself. My FC has people who craft in the company and we always try to use food.
    (6)
    Last edited by Daniolaut; 11-08-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zahra Dubs
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniolaut View Post
    Instead of being completely lost or completely de-valuing food, implement a way where upon each death the remaining time is diminished not completely eradicated.
    Yeah I edited my post a little, we do use food in t4+. I try to quick synth some cheaper food like Knight's Bread but otherwise I haven't found the time input vs reward is worth it until turn 4.
    (0)

Player

I doubt it. It probably won't even have any effect since the real problem is that synthing food simply costs too much in terms of materials for what you get. If recipees were changed so that they now give multiple yields instead of just one, that would drive the prices down.

Unlike what many people here say, I also don't see this change making more people use food. People currently don't use food because food effects are simply too weak AND completely unnecessary to clear content. This isn't like FFXI where food effects had a very noticeable effect on the performance of physical dd jobs. For mages, Ginger cookies were probably the best, lol.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    I don't think so. Right now most of my FC don't eat food for most attempts because it is expensive and the first few attempts when training someone new we expect to wipe.

With this change everyone would be willing to eat food because it will last the full duration.
    (5)
    Last edited by Pseudopsia; 11-08-2013 at 05:02 AM.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast