Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Character
    Shiyo Kozuki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

Cooking shard costs, 30 minute duration, fading on death.

Today I would like to talk about cooking, the forgotten craft. I just dinged 50 cooking 2 days ago on a non-legacy server, and started making food for my FC who has begun end game.

There are a few problems with cooking I've seen so far:

1) It makes 1 item at a time
    2) The shard costs for food is equal to that of an armor/weapon
    3) Food lasts 30 minutes
    4) Food fades on death

These are all huge problems, and make cooking extremely grindy. Why do you ask? Simply because making one piece of food, which lasts 30 minutes and fades on death costs as many shards as making any weapon/armor that lasts forever. A day of doing dungeons/raids will easily take up to 15-20 pieces PER PERSON. Not factoring in deaths and only flawless runs, it might be around 10-15 per person of a day of dungeons/raiding, more if you play more. For example, the shard cost of buttons in a blanket, the second best determ/crit/VIT food is 6 fire 6 water shards per synth, meaning 60-90 water and fire shards per person(10-15 pieces of food)

This forces me or my FC to constantly have to grind shards for me, which are only obtainable through mining or botany. There are a few other ways to get shards, leves sometimes give but not many and are limited and cost shards to finish the leve, market ward prices are high, and farming ele's isn't as good as mining/botany. This is easily potentially 1-2 hours of shard farming per person. That's a LOT of farming just to keep a food buff up during raids.

My proposed change is simple, make food synth into 3-6-9-12 pieces of food per synth(a lot of the materials already do this, why not the finished product?), add food that lasts for 2-3 hours(I suggest the 1 and 2 star food lasts this long, turning rare mats that only spawn once per game day into a 30 min food that perishes on death isn't a very good idea) and persists through death. This would make the 1-2 star food MUCH better than the other(right now you're better off using slightly weaker level 45-50 food) and fixes the problem with food.

Please help your Cooks out and support this !
    (148)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 09-08-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zozorozo Shortstrider
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post

This forces me or my FC to constantly have to grind shards for me, which are only obtainable through mining or botany. There are no other ways to get shards, besides using the market board, but the costs are extremely high.
    This is an inaccurate statement.
    (12)

Character
    Shiyo Kozuki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I edited to add the other options for shards, but they are HIGHLY inefficient compared to mining or botany. So it does not matter.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Rav Ara
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    The only thing I support here is that the buffs should last through death. This is not wow, it should not be cheap and easy to sustain food buffs indefinitely.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Spacious Skies
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav--- View Post
    The only thing I support here is that the buffs should last through death. This is not wow, it should not be cheap and easy to sustain food buffs indefinitely.
    "This is not WoW"... The favorite line of a person who doesn't agree but has no idea why.

"Cheap and easy"... what the hell are you even talking about. How about they make crafted gear unrepairable and durability decreases to 0% on death? Do think it should be cheap and easy to sustain armor stats (which are MUCH higher than food) indefinitely?!

"Indefinitely"... He specifically states that the highest level food made with the rarest ingredients should last 1-2 hours and not fade on death. This is, by definition, not indefinite.
    (46)

Player
    Character
    Rav Ara
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasteran View Post
    "This is not WoW"... The favorite line of a person who doesn't agree but has no idea why.
    I do know why..as I played wow and it was very cheap to provide food for raids.

"Cheap and easy"... what the hell are you even talking about. How about they make crafted gear unrepairable and durability decreases to 0% on death? Do think it should be cheap and easy to sustain armor stats (which are MUCH higher than food) indefinitely?!
    I am not even sure what you are saying here.

"Indefinitely"... He specifically states that the highest level food made with the rarest ingredients should last 1-2 hours and not fade on death. This is, by definition, not indefinite.
    You misunderstood and perhaps I should have used another word. Food buffs in wow were so cheap and easy to come by you never had to go without a food buff..making them 'essentially' indefinite.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kane Wyrmwood
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 20
    The biggest problem with food is that the content is usually too easy to warrant using it.

Make the game harder and it supports cooking at the same time!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Denevieve Nebilim
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I can explain the loss of food status. Upon death we are voiding our bowels and when we revive we feel our tummies rumbling and have to eat something again to quiet this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Far Macese
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    This is just one of the problems. There's really no incentive for people to buy food because it's just too risky to justify the cost. Most of the things I sell are crafting foods because it's a safe endeavor (for the most part). I mean, food is great. But it's not gonna save you if someone fumbles and gets blasted in the face by Garuda.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sakari Foxx
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    food is trash right now, i only eat it for the 3% exp and i dont care what i eat, i dont maintain it and i for damn sure wont buy it.
    (17)

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast