Player
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60

Any crafters/gatherers do this?

When failing a 80-99% success chance ability (or HQ chance) 5-10+ times in a row, am I the only one who swears furiously at the screen?

(10)

Player
    Character
    Anayrie Dellicieux
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Always love the 98% chance to gather an item and fail more than half of the gathering attempts. I guess I'm part that 2% of people for a short time frame.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Anayrie View Post
    Always love the 98% chance to gather an item and fail more than half of the gathering attempts. I guess I'm part that 2% of people for a short time frame.
    I'd throw you a towel to wipe up those tears, but it's already soaked with my own.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Syra Whispers
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I can beat that.. 98% failed 6 times in gathering. .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nesshin'na Reyn
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Judging by the vehement string of expletives that often emanates from my boyfriend's office when I know for a fact that he's working on his crafting... I would hazard a "no" guess.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Arete Sophoi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I hit the wrong button while crafting tonight and thus ended up ruining my ten potash... yet all I feel is a cold emptyness. As if the rage had expanded so much like a star and thus grew so big it imploded into a blackhole from which no emotion will escape.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Mocha Momocha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Don't worry, the "I know talking points about probability" brigade will be here shortly to let you know that there's zero chance that the game's algorithms are flawed somehow and it really is just RNG at play. Even when tons of people are experiencing it. Repeatedly. Just RNG - look away!
    (2)

Player
    Anyone else like this

when they suceed that 2% HQ they thought was going to utterly fail due to a bad streak of luck?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    It's all about levels.

I've done dozens of Aldgoat leather at 32 ltw with 81% Quality and got 100% HQ rates. Done the same for Mythril Ingots on classes where the Ingot was one level above me, get 86% and fail 80% of the time. Ingenuity II is mandatory if you can't get the Quality to 100% before you complete the Synthesis.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritedMare View Post
    Judging by the vehement string of expletives that often emanates from my boyfriend's office when I know for a fact that he's working on his crafting... I would hazard a "no" guess.
    That's kinda like me. "Are you F***ING KIDDING ME!?", followed by provoking it to "do it again", with occasional death threats to the games mom sprinkled in for good measure.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast