Please support your fellow cooks!
    (11)

Character
    Shiyo Kozuki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    This is a huge issue, our rare food that requires 1 per game day materials and clusters only lasts 30 minutes and fades on death, making anything but the crafting or gathering food not worth it! The combat battle food gives an incredible stat boost but it's so grindy to constantly farm materials and especially shards to keep it up. Please support so SE notices this. ; ;
    (12)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 09-09-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tezeret Qeldaru
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I agree 100% with this.

food has NO incentives to make it worth making ATM. cost a lot to make. even if you farm all mats your self. (time is money, not to mention you are better off selling the mats) Food is one at a time, and debuffs on death. its pointless. At least make 5-10 per craft, or make it last through death. or maybe tone down the number of mats needed. but at least do something! balance is way off on cooking.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Desirae Starfire
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Agreed- needs a big rebalance if you expect anyone to purchase battle food.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Falling Steel
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 45
    I don't mind the buff fading after death, but I do think it should be much easier to craft food. HQ synths should make a dozen of something and shard costs should be way less. I like the gameplay element of eating food but right now it's worthless, I just eat the cheapest food meant for my class (PLD - flatbread which is a few gil each from the potwatch NPC). The 3% xp bonus is the only saving grace of food right now.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Faeldi Chantelune
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Cooking is not that bad. Look at lvl 50 potion which needs Tomestones. That's the biggest heresy.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yoohree Reborn
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    man i remember when crystals for cratfing was a pain to get.. now on my legacy char. i got to many like 7k of each .

give it time, since your server is new crystals are the income for DoW and DoM. also food in endgame does make the difference ( and in instance capped content).
    (0)
    HeavensWard theme song lyrics:

- "We can [Stance]dance if we want to
    We can leave your friends behind
    Cause your friends don't [Stance]dance
    And if they don't [Stance]dance
    Well they're no friends of mine"

Player
    Character
    Catrim Boudain
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post

Simply because making one piece of food, which lasts 30 minutes and fades on death costs as many shards as making any weapon/armor that lasts forever.
    Food doesn't need repairs.

Not countering your argument, just pointing something out... a minor detail that probably has no real weight on this topic.
    (2)
    Last edited by Catrim; 09-10-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tus Almighty
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoohre_WildRiver View Post
    man i remember when crystals for cratfing was a pain to get.. now on my legacy char. i got to many like 7k of each .

give it time, since your server is new crystals are the income for DoW and DoM. also food in endgame does make the difference ( and in instance capped content).
    i would say it would be the opposite, as legacy people start burning through the surplus of shards/crystals/cluster from 1.0 (where you could actually craft shards from crystals and it was really easy to get shards) legacy servers will start to have FEWER shards

it would be nice though if higher level mining/logging points gave more shards (i don't know if they do or not i know the level 20 points don't...not sure about the level 30) you get a ward that kinda helps...but not by much...took me like an hour or so of mining to get enough shards for 99 frumenty.
    the starting crafting missions though give a ton of frikken shards. i needed a bunch of fire shards so i did my first 20 levels of missions for blacksmith and got like 500 shards...shame that only works once per DoH...and i think only the first 3 really give you a bunch of shards.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Laume Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I'm the cook (40) in my ls, as well as miner and botanist (just got both to 50). I have no problem with shards or materials due to the aforementioned jobs so I won't comment on that. But yes, I agree, food isn't worth buying at the moment. Especially if you see that a lot of the lower (and some mid level) food are being sold by NPC for pretty cheap (34~60 gil each). But I can't say this is any better or worse than any other DoH at the moment. I can farm electrum ore like nobody's business. But a stack these days is work, what, 2k at most? Cobalt ore, even though higher level, is worth less than electrum? The truth is, DoH and DoL have gotten a bit of a shaft due to all the attention given to the fighting aspects of this game (per fan request so I can't blame the dev's on that one.). I think until the economy stabilizes or the higher food make a significant/viewable difference, things aren't going to change. (which probably won't happen until either they let DoH people fix other's gears and allow DoL's to farm dark matter again or they lower the prices of gear repair). Until then, I can only suggest that those can cook don't try to make money on it, but to help people out and/or because you like it.

With that said, those doing DoL, make friends with a cook now. >.< That gathering + food will be your savior when leveling or during leves.
    (0)

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast