Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
    Player
    Character
    Lisstar Katsuragi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    While I like the idea of not wasting a ton of money on food during progression from deaths. I think having the food persist 100% through death may effect the food market to heavy. What might be nice is with every death you lose 25% of the remaining duration till its gone. This would help a bit on food costs, while still keeping the market flowing.

Ex. Food has 30min left, you die, now it has 22.5min. You die again at 10min, well now it has 7.5min.

PS: 25% was just a number, not sure if that would even be a good middle point. Maybe 50% would work better.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lisstar; 11-10-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rereko Lalako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

We are currently working on adjustments for patch 2.1 to make it so food effects do not wear off when you are KOed.

We understand that there have been a lot of feedback asking for longer effect durations or higher stats when considering the materials needed for high level recipes, but we’d first like to monitor the situation with the planned adjustments.
    I'm planning on doing a bit of foodcrafting later and I gotta say that I'm not a fan of this idea for two reasons:

1: Foodcrafters would make less money because of less demand on food.

2: There has to be SOME repercussions to dying. Don't make the game too easy with no risks. If you don't get negative feelings when you die then you'd stop caring and not do your best to survive.

Don't implement that. Please.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pixie Lily
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    the food is perfectly fine the way it is right now what SE needs to do is just increase the amount of each food for each craft by 1 or 2 especially the level 50 and 1 and 2 stars foods
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Schala Zeal
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    1: Foodcrafters would make less money because of less demand on food.
    You must mean more demand on food.

Lots of customers say 'fuck that' to food because you're likely to find it useful in places where you constantly wipe. If they can still use it in the wipe-happy place, but not go broke, then they will.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Justina Suntail
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'm gonna call .bs on you guys. Food persisted on death in ffxi and as far I could tell the market was rather healthy. Perhaps the problem is poor stat weights. Maybe we need food with like WD +3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alyko Cautes
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeila View Post
    I'm gonna call .bs on you guys. Food persisted on death in ffxi and as far I could tell the market was rather healthy. Perhaps the problem is poor stat weights. Maybe we need food with like WD +3
    This is a false statement. Food most certainly did not persist on death and in fact it was extremely annoying to pop a 10,000 gil steak only to die within 10 minutes of using it. I always imagined my character just vomiting the steak back up upon death, kind of like a drunk passed out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Justina Suntail
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    hmn you may be right but i remember plenty of times i wanted to get rid of a food effect
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tzar Uck
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

Hold on.. now...

to the OP that says the FC spends couple hours each farming for shards to help you cook.

I doubt even one person gives shards to you so you can cook.

Anytime i see shards in my inventory I start crafting something for myself not for others to craft for me. Secondly.. shards on average cost 5k stack of 99 this holds true for crystals as well .

So.. to me 5k per person would be time better spent.. as they could give you 5k and you buy your shards yourself. 2 hours a day for you ???? please.

Also. why the hell do you find it necessary to cook for everyone ? They can craft their own foods and if not... they can buy their own. >>> this brings me to believe
    giving you 5k for shards is the better choice since most foods will cost them more than 5k .
    (0)

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19