Player
    Character
    Belcross Panda
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by EzriNuru View Post
    This isn't stupid at all, blows my mind that you would even consider this a bad change.
    With the buff staying on now, it doesn't promote more people to buy it still. Same people will still use it and those who don't feel food buffs aren't worth buying it will still not buy it. Those two consumer markets will not change. The people who say that they will buy it if it doesn't fade at KO, probably already buy it to some degree if they know that getting KO'd doesn't makes the buff wear off.

Now that there is no longer a need to buy extra food incase you get KO'd, the market for culinary actually drops. Instead of buy 10-20 for 3 hours of raiding, you buy 6. You can see a substantial number change. You would need nearly 2-3 more consumers to bring those numbers just back up to the original numbers.

However, if SE is indeed making it so, than it means they must have other plans for culinary in 2.1 in order to be able to compete in the market. Atleast, I assume.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ruethryl Corana
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    I say that food has a negligible effect in battle and your counterargument is that its good for crafting?
    Come back when you're doing Coil.. it can make a huge difference in the later turns if you're using two-star HQ food.

Personally I think this is a positive change and that the market will adjust accordingly based on it.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Pyretta_Blaze View Post
    Boo. I like that you lose food effects upon death. One of the only reasons to not die left honestly... In fights where I might die I eat cheap food while learning and the more spendy stuff when we start doing better.
    What? lol Saving your food isn't the reason you should be avoiding death. I agree with using cheaper food while learning, then swapping to 'real' food later though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    I say that food has a negligible effect in battle and your counterargument is that its good for crafting?
    I suppose ignorance is a good reason to think food has a negligible effect in battle. Right now, due to my lack of luck with Allagan pieces, I'm exactly 22 points below Accuracy cap on my SMN (and likewise, my HP isn't great, sitting at 4K solo). With HQ Stuffed Cabbages, I'm sitting perfectly on the Accuracy cap, plus I'm also gaining 13 Vitality, which is 188 HP for me. That, plus the tank Vitality buff puts me at a comfortable ~4350 HP. Considering the very real (and strict) health requirements for Turn 5, food can truly be the case of you either being ready for Turn 5 attempts, or not. Not to mention that Crit is arguably the best stat right now, so I get a nice boost of that.

I do like this change though. I kinda like the idea someone else had where each death knocks off 10 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruethryl View Post
    Come back when you're doing Coil.. it can make a huge difference in the later turns if you're using two-star HQ food.

Personally I think this is a positive change and that the market will adjust accordingly based on it.
    2-star food has really low percentage values. We currently do not have the stats to actually achieve the maximum points possible per food. I would re-evaluate what you're eating so you don't waste your money, or materials.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ruethryl Corana
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    True but you're still getting the benefits of the higher percentages.. nudges can help smooth things out a little bit sometimes. ^^

And with farming mats for food, not really wasting money per say.
    (0)

Character
    Indaki Sativa
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I really would have rather seen them change the serving amount to food, rather then them change it vanishing upon death. It just makes more sense.

Think about it. When you are going to make a meal, you have a shopping list which usually consists of multiple items to make the meal. When you are done making this meal, how many times does it actually equate to one serving of food? I know when I make enchiladas in real life, it takes about 4 hours to do everything the right way (chopping the vegetables myself instead of buying canned, etc.) and I sure as hell didn't spend all that time to make 2 enchiladas!! I make like 16-20 of them and have them for days!

I guess I like they did something with it, though.

I was really bored at work and read through this entire thread... all I want to really argue here is the people saying you can't farm 1000 shards in an hr. You are wrong. Maximize your routes and use wards on +1 gathering attempt nodes. "Sprinting on long and running on short" isn't the right way to go sometimes. How about skipping the 4th node so you respawn with the +1 gathering attempt node more often? Sprint long, mount when out of sprint? I have timed myself because I was curious and I can get 100 shards in about 6-7 minutes and I play on PS3. There is no reason a PC player, or anyone for that matter, can't get 1000 shards in an hour. If you can't, you aren't maximizing your routes. Not trying to be rude at all.

Just my 2gil.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

We are currently working on adjustments for patch 2.1 to make it so food effects do not wear off when you are KOed.

We understand that there have been a lot of feedback asking for longer effect durations or higher stats when considering the materials needed for high level recipes, but we’d first like to monitor the situation with the planned adjustments.
    Just fix shards.
    I'm logged out right now with everything I need to make some Woolen Smocks for a turn in that has a Vintage Coif, component reward. Fleece: Check, Lanolin: Check, Linen: Check. Wind Shards? Not so much.

I'm not doing it for the gil, I'm capped on 50 weaver. I don't even need a below cap Vintage Coif with perception. I make them because they are there. Or I would if I didn't need to farm shards for hours on end.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ragnus Ironhand
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Oh, good. I might actually start to use food after 2.1.

If it weren't for crafting purposes, I'd probably never use food. I'm glad we're getting a reason to do so, as this should help the food economy.

In FFXI, eating food had a large influence/increase on your stats, and you were seeing immediate results in your damage dealing. Of course, FFXI in itself was more intense and non-forgiving when it came to battles, and enforced a more strict strategy-based playstyle. Perhaps that is why food there makes more of a difference to parties. In any event, I don't see this as a "dumbing down" of the game -- more like a common sense adjustment to a glaring issue when it comes to the under-usage of a fraction of the crafting market.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dorion Nightwalker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

We are currently working on adjustments for patch 2.1 to make it so food effects do not wear off when you are KOed.

We understand that there have been a lot of feedback asking for longer effect durations or higher stats when considering the materials needed for high level recipes, but we’d first like to monitor the situation with the planned adjustments.
    Oh, good. Now the already nonexistent consequences for dieing are even lower.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Hayley Westenra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Did anyone not know that it is true that when you do die, you crap your pants? That's why the food effect goes away after being KO'ed. (trying to interject South Park humor to the thread)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Amelia Inverse
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenStomper View Post
    hmm.. well this is going to drive the price of food down.
    Up not down.... as is i don't use food if the chance of death exists, if i can die and have fod on i will use more of it. Expect food cost to double.
    (0)

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast