Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    The problem is shards. We weren't supposed to be spending 9:1 time farming shards over everything connected to crafting. Food is the only craft with an inherited decay system so it really gets to see what hurts all the crafting. We don't craft, we mash the Insert key on lv. 5 nodes most of our game time and I don't call it playing just because I am logged in.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Ksenia View Post
    The problem is shards. We weren't supposed to be spending 9:1 time farming shards over everything connected to crafting. Food is the only craft with an inherited decay system so it really gets to see what hurts all the crafting. We don't craft, we mash the Insert key on lv. 5 nodes most of our game time and I don't call it playing just because I am logged in.
    Buy shards from the market then.

Argue that synthing food shouldn't cost as many shard as it does, and I'll agree with you, but argueing that Cooking is broken because you spend more time farming shards than cooking is not a valid argument.
    (0)

Character
    Yuri Shineko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    To those saying that food thru death buffs is dumbing down the game and will lead to its ultimate destruction I have this to say to you. Do you even cook in game? Do you seriously understand that I as a crafter spend hours in a week just trying to get enough shards to make food for my FC? You do understand that one piece of food takes 11 shards! I am so back logged I farm at work, and even then its not enough. I can get about 500 fire shards in a hour, I also need water shards, so 2 hours of farming means I can make about 80 pieces of food, TWO HOURS! And thats not counting the items I need to farm to make the food itself! I can only sell HQ for any gil and even now on my server the prices are dropping. Do you think that 3-4 hours of farming that nets me 20 or so hq is worth the measly gil I can make off it when other crafters are raking in the gil with only a fraction of the time spent farming? If spending a part time jobs worth of farming exclusively for one craft that no one can use effectively on what amounts to slave wages in game is what you call "dumbing the game down" to unacceptable levels of play, I call you mad sir.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yurikitty; 10-26-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Character
    Yuri Shineko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post

Argue that synthing food shouldn't cost as many shard as it does, and I'll agree with you, but argueing that Cooking is broken because you spend more time farming shards than cooking is not a valid argument.
    RMT have the shard market at stupid prices, when we cant make money on our craft because no one uses it and the shards cost 55g each (on Midgard) and it takes 11 shards to make one item, wellll maybe your argument is the one that isn't vaild.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90

Don't even go there. With the bot based ban system, interacting with shard markets is begging to have your account locked. Besides, we shouldn't need to buy shards because it's a prison sentence to collect them.
    (1)

Player

But its not a prison sentence.

Don't argue that you're "forced" to farm shards (because you aren't). Your "get account locked" argument also doesn't hold any water because, if anything, you're only likely to get your account locked from selling shards not from buying them.

Like I said, if you want to argue that synthing food shouldn't cost that many shards, I'll agree with you, but complaining about farming shards simply isn't a valid argument. You don't want to gather your ingredients, then buy them from those that will, because I spend more time farming ingredients than doing actual synths on ALL my DoH classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurikitty View Post
    I can get about 500 fire shards in a hour, I also need water shards, so 2 hours of farming means I can make about 80 pieces of food, TWO HOURS!
    This argument is pretty pointless anyway, but I can get around 1000 shards per hour on the nodes outside the cities. You need to optimize your gathering routes.

Posting limits reached so:

Rubbish.

Rectangular circuit, sprint on the long, run to the short. Use a ward on third cycle of the +1 and you get 17 and 27 on third cycle. I know the process. It's above and beyond grind and it isn't required. We had shard processing in the game, they took it out to create a throttle based on undesirable content and that's a scam down by development. Stop defending lazy hack, fixes.
    Rubbish? More like reality.

And sorry, but I'm not defending the "lazy hack" what I'm doing is pointing out that you don't have to farm your shards. 1.0 having easier ways of farming shards is completely irrelevant because you are not forced to farm them in ARR, so using the argument "I spend more time farming shards than synthing so Cooking is broken" is stupid because you could walk to the Market boards and "farm" them pretty much instantly.

I do maximize my routes, I go to the crystal nodes and use my wards on the nodes that give a bonus shard giving me 16 shards for that tree alone.
    See? This is where you're not "maximizing your route". You don't use wards on the node that gives you extra crystals, you use wards on the nodes that give you an extra gathering attempt. You're only getting 8 extra shards on that node when you could be getting 10 extra shards on the +1 gathering attempts node.

As a level 28 botanist and level 27 miner Gilthas Ragnaux I am calling your claim of 1k shards a hour. You cant even have the GP to efficiently make a loop like I do. Also, you dont have cooking or any other craft up to 50 it seems. When you get there then why dont you come back and tell me and Ksenia that we are still talking out our bums....
    *rolls eyes*

Yes, I need to be a level 50 Botanist and Miner to understand simple math.

- Between level 27 and 50 you gain NO ability more efficient than Wards for gathering shards.
    - I currently have on both Miner and Botanist roughly 500 GP (one has 495, the other 506 or so, not counting food). You just need a small buffer over 400GP to make sure you're not wasting the GP you regenerate.
    - As a level 27 Miner and 28 Botanist I've apparently managed to figure out that Wards are better used on the +1 gathering attempts nodes and not the extra items nodes, something that Mrs level 50 Botanist, the expert here apparently, couldn't figure out.

I've actually already agreed that cooking shouldn't cost as many shards by the way, I just don't agree that "I spend more time farming ingredients than synthing" is a valid argument.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gilthas; 10-26-2013 at 04:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tyrandor Ironfist
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    RMT have the shard market at stupid prices, when we cant make money on our craft because no one uses it and the shards cost 55g each (on Midgard) and it takes 11 shards to make one item, wellll maybe your argument is the one that isn't vaild.
    Uh, RMT actually makes the prices go DOWN. They botfarm and undercut everybody so they'll get the gil they sell. Without them shards would be a lot more expensive, so I guess it's not all bad, in a way.

Don't even go there. With the bot based ban system, interacting with shard markets is begging to have your account locked. Besides, we shouldn't need to buy shards because it's a prison sentence to collect them.
    Yeeaaah, you won't get banned because you buy shards off of the market. That's ludicrous talk. And you don't buy shards because "it's a prison sentence to collect them", you buy them because it's a hell of a lot more efficient. I've got every craft at 50. Guess how long I spent farming shards for that. It's a trick question though, because I didn't spend any time farming shards, since I bought them from the market. And still made money. Because I sold the stuff I was crafting on the market.

Now I happen to agree that shards should be easier to come by. Maybe give alchemist recipes for splitting clusters into multiple crystals, and crystals into multiple shards. That'd at least give Alchemists something useful! But complaining that you HAVE to mine shards for hours because you go broke is ludicrous. If you go broke crafting, you're doing it wrong!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Maduin Jakkra
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    This week in Coil I did turn 1-4 with 2 uses of food. It shouldn't last through death, but maybe a hour over 30 minutes wouldn't be bad.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90

Like I said, if you want to argue that synthing food shouldn't cost that many shards, I'll agree with you, but complaining about farming shards simply isn't a valid argument. You don't want to gather your ingredients, then buy them from those that will, because I spend more time farming ingredients than doing actual synths on ALL my DoH classes.

This argument is pretty pointless anyway, but I can get around 1000 shards per hour on the nodes outside the cities. You need to optimize your gathering routes.
    Rubbish.

Rectangular circuit, sprint on the long, run to the short. Use a ward on third cycle of the +1 and you get 17 and 27 on third cycle. I know the process. It's above and beyond grind and it isn't required. We had shard processing in the game, they took it out to create a throttle based on undesirable content and that's a scam down by development. Stop defending lazy hack, fixes.
    (1)

Character
    Yuri Shineko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Pointing out to the people saying RMT help the shard prices go down, maybe... but that doesnt change the fact on my server, all the "cheap" stacks are for 10000 or more shards at a time. So yeah maybe I can get those shards for 45g each, but Im not paying 45k plus for so many shards at a time. And there is no way you are pulling 1k shards a hour. I do maximize my routes, I go to the crystal nodes and use my wards on the nodes that give a bonus shard giving me 16 shards for that tree alone, I have the most GP I can get minus a few materia slots, and I refuse to use cordials, other then that I am doing the best possible. I call serious shenanigans on you getting 1k a hour. As for the other items, well we can't all buy gil and some of us can't farm non stop on game, I do have end game to get to.... I guess Im not as rich as you and dont feel throwing money away on farmable items is worth what gil I do manage to make in game.

As a level 28 botanist and level 27 miner Gilthas Ragnaux I am calling your claim of 1k shards a hour. You cant even have the GP to efficiently make a loop like I do. Also, you dont have cooking or any other craft up to 50 it seems. When you get there then why dont you come back and tell me and Ksenia that we are still talking out our bums....
    (1)
    Last edited by Yurikitty; 10-26-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast