Player
    Character
    Ren Kuy'ari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90

Eos & Selene

After my last thread didn't get any bloody replies I was spamming /shout to find Scholar to help me. Searching the forums didn't help much because there were no right solutions to my questions.

Well, the pets do seem to have a brain on their own and cast w/e they want.
    After trying out "Obey" it seems that it keeps on for a period of time and then resets and goes back to "sic", wich means the fairies go bonkers and cast their skills again.

Now, while in Obey, Eos uses her HoT and embrace only it seems, wich with embrace it's fine but with the HoT I do not agree. Any bloody solutions on how to stop this? Is it a bug? Will it get fixed?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Glorious Eve
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I don't think you can do that. The thing is Scholar pets always start casting when someone from your party lose decent amount of HP. I just always place Eos near Tank and make sure the other party member's are in range of her spell's. Work's good for me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raziya Sunsong
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Set your pet to "Steady" it will still auto cast Embrace when needed but won't use any of the other skills. Only problem, as soon as you manually use any of the pets skills it will revert back to Guard mode and blow all your cool downs, unless you quickly set it back to Steady.

Currently there is no way to stop your pet auto casting Embrace. As a Scholar there really is no reason to use the "Sic" command as your pet does not attack, and only use obey if you want your pet to only auto cast its first 2 spells.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raziya; 09-08-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: added more info

Player
    Character
    Ryu'kitt Lighthawk
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    One thing I have noticed about Arcanist pets is that they will auto cast/attack when you are targeted.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ren Kuy'ari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziya View Post
    Set your pet to "Steady" it will still auto cast Embrace when needed but won't use any of the other skills. Only problem, as soon as you manually use any of the pets skills it will revert back to Guard mode and blow all your cool downs, unless you quickly set it back to Steady.

Currently there is no way to stop your pet auto casting Embrace. As a Scholar there really is no reason to use the "Sic" command as your pet does not attack, and only use obey if you want your pet to only auto cast its first 2 spells.
    Yeah I've gathered as much.
    This is bloody horrible though, I would like the HoT as CD too without my fairy using it.
    I hope SE gives the AI and petuse a re-make asap so it's more suitable to everyones needs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Octavia Sagittarius
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 17
    does anyone here know the percentage of health eos's start's auto casting or if we can manually change it say she auto casts at 70% health but i want to change it to 30% health?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Madmartigan Galladorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiona View Post
    it say she auto casts at 70% health but i want to change it to 30% health?
    .......wat
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deneb Algiedi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Eos auto-casts her spells when a party member is at 80% hp or lower. There is no way to change it, yet.

You can set the pet abilities to hotkeys using pet subcommands in your action list window. From there, players often assign the keys close together to control the pet (e.g. embrace to hotkey1 & steady hotkey2). Controlling the pet then is a matter of pressing 1 and 2. It is quite bothersome as pet commands do not work in the macro list either. The developers have commented they have plans to customize and improve the ai for the pets, but I haven't heard anything concrete or a set date yet. For now, I often leave my fairy near the tank and party members too, and just let her do her thing while i apply debuffs or supplement the healing.

Keep in mind that a scholar is a preemptive healer. Your fairy is designed to provide sustained healing power, but it is easy for her to be overwhelmed and draw aggro. To prevent that, place the fairy near your tank so they can pull back aggro, and use adloquium to reduce the rate of healing needed. If heavy healing is needed, alternate between adloquium/succor and physick to maximize mp efficiency and distribute aggro between you and the fairy. Critical hits from adloquium/succor deliver 1.5x the heal and 3x the barrier effect, so use that to your benefit.
    (0)