Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Saint Bus
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Ifrit (Hard) Weapon drop rate is a joke.

I have done Ifrit (Hard) 100 times now, and not even seen a WHM drop or a Bard Bow either, let alone had the chance to roll on it.

almost every single time its a BLM arm or DRG pike.

Fix the loot table, and up the loot to 2 weapons guaranteed.
    (11)

Player

For us, we get one of the two Books pretty much every run. Never seen the Dragoon Pike in about 30 runs, random loot is sometimes pretty random.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aureus Rokkus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I COMPLETELY agree. I've only seen SMN book and BLM dagger. It's such a common drop, everyone just greeds on it. I've only done it about 8 times or so, but it's still pathetic.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hidden Dragon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    i've done ifrit a ridiculous amount of times and i've only seen the scholar book once... and i lost the roll

i don't like how random it is
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aureus Rokkus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Just came back to say I did Ifrit 3 more times, and all times the SMN book dropped. No summoner in party.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jonn Snow
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Lol i've never seen the DRG pike drop. Also its completely random every single time, a LS friend of mine did it 47 times before getting the BRD Bow.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tirion Crey
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 86
    I've seen every single weapon drop 2+ times in 30 runs. Random is random.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I've seen WHM cane drop a LOT in there. I have also heard that summoner book drops a lot, but I have only seen it once in my many runs (since I started going as smn -- go figure). Random is random, as others have said... But now I have a question for you...

Would you prefer the way drops worked in Ifrit 1.0 or do you like the adjustment in 2.0?

(For those who don't know -- In 1.0, a random weapon was SOMETIMES given to a specific person upon completion of Ifrit. You couldn't trade it and it had nothing to do with the job you were playing or even the jobs you had leveled. It was completely random. It was horrible because I would get drops I couldn't use that others desperately wanted but I couldn't give it to them. There was also a chance that you would get a 'totem' in your loot list... Everyone's loot list was individualized. You could choose to pass it or not. You needed ten totems in total to get an Ifrit weapon... and because they were RARE, it could take a while... even if an LS was willing to pass all totems to one person.)

To be quite honest... I prefer how 2.0 works. Yes, it's random. Yes, it's frustrating. But at least someone gets something every time. Even if they don't have it leveled yet. My advice is to go with your linkshell so at least you're helping to gear your linkshell members even if you don't get the drop you want.
    (5)
    Last edited by Ryuko; 09-08-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Temisu Namisu
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Sounds like the definition of random to me.

I expect that the distribution is even and that each weapon has the same chance to appear. One showing up more than others, though, is just the luck of the draw.

It would be nice to see the totem drops again, so that you can at least try to work on one via slow progress (it could be a chance drop at ~50% and follow the need/greed system). It was the most frustrating thing to do many runs and not see your weapon. Knowing that you can have a shot at progressing to it, though, is always a nice alternative.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vayne Florain
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I was 4 time Ifrit Hard

1 Run: WHM
    2 Run: Dragon
    3 Run: Monk