Player
    Character
    Bill Lannister
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

titan hard (hard for high latency)

impossible to win to whoever has ping more than 100. Titan cast aoe spell 2 sec and you lag 1 sec behind. 1 sec is not enough for u to run out of big aoe... SE should make an ingame ping check so I won't waste my time while I lag.
    (41)

Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I had a friend pulled it off at 160 ping without getting hit by his pools. I'm not saying higher latency doesn't make some encounters and mechanics harder, but when others are complaining about 100ms causing them to get hit by stuff, when people with higher latency manage to pull it off just fine, things really need to be questioned.

A lot of mechanics become quite predictable and even randomly placed mechanics can be estimated in their timing and prepared for.
    (7)
    If my posts seem short or incoherent, I am probably editing the rest in.

Player
    Character
    Cocoa Sip
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Can't believe people must defend something that's actually really wrong.
    If you run the game at 260 ms (like me), YES you will have some serious issues, aoe's are not there to get you oneshotted before you actually notice them.
    When you play with something that can instant kill you, you need a fast response, don't have to predict what will happen and survive just for luck.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Can't believe people must defend something that's actually really wrong.
    Yes. Your internet connection is really wrong in fact
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Cocoa Sip
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by yukikaze_yanagi View Post
    Yes. Your internet connection is really wrong in fact
    No, my internet connection is not wrong, I live in Italy and servers are in Canada, that's happening just because we don't have a real EU server, where NA people ping 20 ms.

I can play smoothly on any other MMO at around 30-40 ms, because they got EU servers, while SE don't give a shit about EU players

Edit: looks like you are italian too, so we got the same connection.
    Nice to see you confirming that some people must defend the indifendible, I'm pretty sure you ping about the same as me.
    (41)
    Last edited by Azrael; 09-07-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aria Altasia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    People could pull off the hard fights in v1 too despite the high latency but just because some can doesn't mean they should have to, makes the fight that little bit harder. Had issues on Titan myself, most of the time I can avoid but 1/10 I will get hit and had one lag spike bad enough in Duty Finder that I was walking on the bottom for a good 2 seconds before dieing.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lunar Emerald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Titan does have a pattern to his attacks and if you know the attack is coming and move beforehand, you should be able to dodge it almost every single time. Sometimes you do get trapped though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    If you run the game at 260ms.
    I live in Australia and have my own latency issues, and I can still manage just fine (for the most part). A lot of the mechanics become incredibly predictable after you have done it a few times. Things like Titan's pools that spawn at random places are definitely harder to avoid, but they still come at relatively predictable timers. Hell, I'm sure when they enable modding someone will come up with something akin to WoW's "Deadly Boss Mods" that will give a warning before the pools spawn so you won't have to think.

I was actually arguing against people who whine about 130ms and how it makes the game 'impossible' when players like myself play at double that. It is even worse when people on lower latency perform worse than those on higher latency, but still cry lag.

There is only so much that can be blamed on latency, the rest is poor positioning, failing to adapt, or people not being as good as they think they are.
    (5)
    If my posts seem short or incoherent, I am probably editing the rest in.

Player
    Character
    Kriggle Nivliw
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynxii View Post
    There is only so much that can be blamed on latency, the rest is poor positioning, failing to adapt, or people not being as good as they think they are.
    This is all that has to be said. Any MMO under 300ms is more then playable. People do it everyday even people in top in guilds in other MMOs. Stop being bad and blaming a data center location for your own short comings.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Cocoa Sip
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynxii View Post
    and I can still manage just fine (for the most part).
    I'm sure you can't manage anymore after the heart phase when things start to be faster?

Latency isn't supposed to be an additional level of difficulty to titan, NA/JP people get it easy to fight, for others is just harder.

Oh btw, just noticed you live in Australia but you play on a JP server, much closer to you.
    Nice try in trying to make your point.
    (12)
    Last edited by Azrael; 09-07-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast