Player
    Character
    Bill Lannister
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

titan hard (hard for high latency)

impossible to win to whoever has ping more than 100. Titan cast aoe spell 2 sec and you lag 1 sec behind. 1 sec is not enough for u to run out of big aoe... SE should make an ingame ping check so I won't waste my time while I lag.
    (41)

Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I had a friend pulled it off at 160 ping without getting hit by his pools. I'm not saying higher latency doesn't make some encounters and mechanics harder, but when others are complaining about 100ms causing them to get hit by stuff, when people with higher latency manage to pull it off just fine, things really need to be questioned.

A lot of mechanics become quite predictable and even randomly placed mechanics can be estimated in their timing and prepared for.
    (7)
    If my posts seem short or incoherent, I am probably editing the rest in.

Player
    Character
    Velvet Silvermoon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynxii View Post
    I had a friend pulled it off at 160 ping without getting hit by his pools. I'm not saying higher latency doesn't make some encounters and mechanics harder, but when others are complaining about 100ms causing them to get hit by stuff, when people with higher latency manage to pull it off just fine, things really need to be questioned.

A lot of mechanics become quite predictable and even randomly placed mechanics can be estimated in their timing and prepared for.
    The problem with this is there is an intended game mechanic that isn't working like it should be, now because some people can "adapt" or when you "learn" his pattern to "predict" his movements that is not how the content is suppose to be run, it's like arguing they put in those trash mobs just so you skip them all in those "speed runs" in Amdapor keep.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    The problem with this is there is an intended game mechanic that isn't working like it should be
    Wait, did you just say you shouldn't have to learn/know boss mechanics in order to beat them? Yes the fight is probably designed with a specific latency number in mind, and I'd estimate it to be ~100ms (the impossible threshold!) if not a little higher, but it does not mean they can not be accomplished with higher latency. How do you consistently clear content? From learning it. There have been a few fights I've walked into completely blind, have died miserably and absolutely loved that it offered me something different from standard tank and spank mechanics.

It is like arguing you should win a marathon after spending the last 12 months on the couch eating chips and drinking coke, and then blaming the rain for you not winning/finishing.

Latency can be a factor, but having 'untrained skills' can, and generally are larger ones.
    (4)
    If my posts seem short or incoherent, I am probably editing the rest in.

Player
    Character
    Voltres Lionward
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    You are an idiot. Latency is affecting the outcome of players in HM Titan period. Should I record a video to show you how I dodge it every single time and still get hit, so you can stop arguing?
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Cocoa Sip
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Can't believe people must defend something that's actually really wrong.
    If you run the game at 260 ms (like me), YES you will have some serious issues, aoe's are not there to get you oneshotted before you actually notice them.
    When you play with something that can instant kill you, you need a fast response, don't have to predict what will happen and survive just for luck.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Can't believe people must defend something that's actually really wrong.
    Yes. Your internet connection is really wrong in fact
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Cocoa Sip
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by yukikaze_yanagi View Post
    Yes. Your internet connection is really wrong in fact
    No, my internet connection is not wrong, I live in Italy and servers are in Canada, that's happening just because we don't have a real EU server, where NA people ping 20 ms.

I can play smoothly on any other MMO at around 30-40 ms, because they got EU servers, while SE don't give a shit about EU players

Edit: looks like you are italian too, so we got the same connection.
    Nice to see you confirming that some people must defend the indifendible, I'm pretty sure you ping about the same as me.
    (41)
    Last edited by Azrael; 09-07-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kanikou Escaflowne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    No, my internet connection is not wrong,
    Answer this question without resorting to being rude or contradicting yourself:

How is it many of us can complete this fight without issue on both NA/EU and JP Datacenters? Remember, don't say: "Your internet is better" or anything equivillent or you'll be admitting your internet is just bad.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cocoa Sip
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennestia View Post
    Answer this question without resorting to being rude or contradicting yourself:

How is it many of us can complete this fight without issue on both NA/EU and JP Datacenters? Remember, don't say: "Your internet is better" or anything equivillent or you'll be admitting your internet is just bad.
    lol wtf are you saying?
    where did I say "your internet connection is better"? the guy said my internet connection is bad, not the other way around.
    If my internet connection works on most MMOs, and alot of people got my same problem in this game, it can't be my fault.

Plus the answer was given, and you skipped alot of pages to read, do that before rushing to say something.
    (0)
    Last edited by Azrael; 09-08-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast