Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Player
    Character
    Ferria Svensa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    The "It's 2013, there should be servers worldwide and there should be no problems ever and unicorns should exist and poop chocolate" mentality is getting very old. If people were so perfect themselves and never made a mistake, we'd be living in an incredibly different world, and probably one that wouldn't actually have MMOs.
    But SE not putting EU servers is not a mistake, its just that they dont care (atleast for now).
    Having to rely on third party programs may be fine, but I think is only logical that people demand a solution from SE. Is SE who have to fix this, not us, especially when (If im not mistaken) third party programs may be against FFXIV's EULA (not that I care myself).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    JP servers we have at the moment is the best thing Australian players have ever gotten
    Wow has Oceanic server, league of legend too.

Hey check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5g4T...ature=youtu.be
    This video makes the endgame look really fustrating and lower quality.

It shows how SE makes the problem worse by having unsynced attacks. The movement check needs to be faster.
    (0)
    Last edited by sharazisspecial; 09-17-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Player
    Character
    Avraym Kent
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 77
    Why have we still not gotten a response about this?

There are countless videos supporting the latency issue, particularly those of us who live in Australia or NZ.

It's beyond frustrating to have done all the research and practice runs to fully understand the mechanics, obtain full darklight gear, but entirely reach a standstill because of 1 shot laggy mechanics.

The weight of the land is particularly unavoidable if you are smack bang in the middle of it, the others mechanics seem fine though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Avraym; 09-17-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Apparently pinging the ip address doesn't give you your actual latency. If you open up your Task Manager (Alt + Ctrl + Delete) and goto the Performance tab, then click on the Resource Monitor... button, a new window will pop up. Click on the TCP Connections part and it will list everything that is connected to your internet, and the latency for it. When you have WTFast running, you'll see numbers next to WTFast.exe. This will be your latency for FF14 (assuming you loaded it correctly). To see the difference, load FF14 without WTFast and you'll see latency next to ffxiv.exe. I was always under the impression I was on 160 ms because of pinging the server, but in reality it was 260ms+
    My latency get worse with pingzapper? there is no proxy in montreal closest is ny. goes from 130 to 150 with pingzapper enabled

The weight of the land is particularly unavoidable if you are smack bang in the middle of it, the others mechanics seem fine though.
    Landslide is worse imo
    (0)

Player

I'm in EU so have high latency. I never fail at Titan dodging. You just need to play better/smarter

You will get hit by Aoe even if "i was out of it in my screen", its just how the game/server works. Just be rdy to move immediately, pop sprint proactively (mages), and learn attack patterns so you can react faster. Its perfectly doable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Klefth Reinhart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    180 average ping to a NA server here and I've PUG'd hard mode Titan. If this was 1.0, I'd consider your latency excuse passable, but if you're still blaming that for your inability to dodge aoes nowadays, there's just one thing to say to you: get better. Latency isn't a valid excuse anymore.
    (0)
    Last edited by Klefth; 09-17-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by sharazisspecial View Post
    Wow has Oceanic server, league of legend too.
    For the record, WoW 'oceanic' servers are only labelled as such, and are still hosted in NA. Yes League of Legends has Oceanic/Australian server, as does DotA2, but literally no MMO has legitimate servers in Oceania, unless you count FF14 with servers in Japan. As I mentioned, SWTOR had them, mismanaged the process, and ended up shutting them down. Despite WoW being the giant it is, they have never organised hosting for Oceanic players anywhere in Oceania.

And as I mentioned earlier in this thread like a week ago, there is difference between high/extreme latency, and having 100ms. There are people that claim that 100ms makes encounters impossible, and while this may contribute to said people failing/not avoiding the mechanics, I can almost guarantee you that there is more than just 'lag' to blame here, especially as I am doing HM Titan right now with WTFast reporting ~200ms, and I am avoiding them just fine. This is completely different from high to extreme latency, which in reality would be 350ms+, not the subjective "I usually play on 30ms so 100ms is extreme latency". If you guys are suffering from 350ms+, then I feel for you, but if your definition of high latency is 100ms, you still have it better than a lot of other people, and I'd start looking at other aspects of your play and try again.
    (0)
    If my posts seem short or incoherent, I am probably editing the rest in.

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Klefth View Post
    180 average ping to a NA server here and I've PUG'd hard mode Titan. If this was 1.0, I'd consider your latency excuse passable, but if you're still blaming that for your inability to dodge aoes nowadays, there's just one thing to say to you: get better. Latency isn't a valid excuse anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by neizero View Post
    I'm in EU so have high latency. I never fail at Titan dodging. You just need to play better/smarter

You will get hit by Aoe even if "i was out of it in my screen", its just how the game/server works. Just be rdy to move immediately, pop sprint proactively (mages), and learn attack patterns so you can react faster. Its perfectly doable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grim Gaelasch
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Well I'm having the same issue with the lag here. Im from Spain and I play on Phoenix (EU) server on PS3.

Today I've tried Titan HM. First run I kept getting hit by Weigh of the Land so after 5 try outs raid gave up. The second pug I tried went pretty smooth, I wasn't experiencing any latency so I could work out through the mechanics without getting hit.
    I consider myself a pretty good player, I pay attention and try to anticipate to boss mechanics. On Ifrit HM and Garuda HM fights this wasn't such a big issue since their aoes are pretty static and appear always following a specific patern.
    The problem I have with Titan HM is that his aoes are randomly placed. How am I supposed to guess wich players are going to get targeted by Landslide or Weight of the Land? I could just start running in a random direction and pray I dont get hit.
    (0)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14