Player
    Character
    Daz Burrows
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundaja View Post
    The average human reaction time is ~.7-.8 ms so in fact they have about 1.2 seconds to respond.
    The average human reaction time is a fraction of a millisecond? Like, 7 thousandths of a second? I think you mean .7-.8 [sec], not [ms].

Pedantic, I know :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Helinin Landgravine
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynxii View Post
    So people with similar (higher) latency and are managing are either wrong, lying, or just straight up lucky? I guess some groups that reliably clear HM Titan and sit on higher latency must be using up all the luck from the rest of the players. Please keep telling yourself this; it would be unfair if you had to actually adapt to your.....
    They did it. Good for them. They did on high latency more power to them. They won by luck, skills, not my problem at all.

But I do have problems with ppl claiming latency is not an issue and everyone else that said otherwise should learn to play and shut up.

Reminds me of 1.0 Ifrit extreme fights. Ppl still say latency is not an issue even after SE said it is.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HumsterMKX View Post
    Ppl still say latency is not an issue even after SE said it is.
    I'm not sure where people claimed latency wasn't an issue? When a game is designed to be challenging at lower latency, of course it'll pose a problem at higher latencies. There are two issues as a whole, and one doesn't apply to you (people on ~100ms saying latency makes the mechanics impossible), however attributing 100% of failing something to latency, unless you're sitting on 400+ms, and I'd even be generous and say 300+ms, is removing any responsibility on the players part. It also ignores that anything can be done to counteract or balance the latency (I can move into AoE as they 'go off', wouldn't be able to do that on 30ms). You have to work harder, and that sucks and is unfair or whatever, but can you magically change the latency? No, so you do what you can to deal with it. Alternatively you can complain about it and not clear content; To quote you, 'not my problem'.
    (1)
    If my posts seem short or incoherent, I am probably editing the rest in.

Player
    Character
    Serenity Grace
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    have 340+ ping to Monstreal and in game 410 and i've made video for my FC to show how terrible my latency for titan (hard) fight...
    the fight itself is still possible to win with high ping, you just need to move before he does any skills especially weight of the land and you have to do exploit moves/ position

What im afraid most is... titan extreme version someday :/
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Helinin Landgravine
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynxii View Post
    I'm not sure where people claimed latency wasn't an issue? When a game is designed to be challenging at lower latency, of course it'll pose a problem at higher latencies...
    complain about it and not clear content; To quote you, 'not my problem'.
    And what makes you think OP didnt try to compensate for lag? You played with him or others that complained?

O ya op, forgotten to give you a heads up, look at your digital clock home, focus on the time it takes for 1 sec to pass, try and create an artifical timeframe. After you left an AOE zone time the distance in which you still get hit after you left that zone. Now use that timeframe to your advantage.

You can try out the timing by fight mobs that does AOE, Garleans, those lizard snake thingy, etc.

It helps a lot for me back in 1.0. It should help. Dont wait for the problem to go away, because it wouldnt, lessen by some extent yes. But going away, you might need to move next to the servers
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rillifane Woren
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    They did it. Good for them. They did on high latency more power to them. They won by luck, skills, not my problem at all.
    So are you saying everything should be adjusted so bad players can complete it?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Helinin Landgravine
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavell View Post
    have 340+ ping to Monstreal and in game 410 and i've made video for my FC to show how terrible my latency for titan (hard) fight...
    the fight itself is still possible to win with high ping, you just need to move before he does any skills especially weight of the land and you have to do exploit moves/ position

What im afraid most is... titan extreme version someday :/
    310+ ping.... Ya well thats what my German LSmate got from German to Japan.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Helinin Landgravine
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rillifane View Post
    And what makes you think they are bad players?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Cocoa Sip
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rillifane View Post
    lol @ people like you quoting single lines.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rillifane Woren
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    And what makes you think they are bad players?
    Because you claimed it's not a problem that skillful players can dodge AoE's their-fore by logic that bad people are being hit by them so things need to be adjusted so the bads can get out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    lol @ people like you quoting single lines.
    lol@ you too because the rest of his post wasn't even worth quoting at all. I got to love how people who have fibre optic are claiming about having AoE problems on every fight yet me with basic ADSL going through a copper phone line can dodge them, it sounds like people need to consult their ISP's and make sure the quality of service being provided for your speeds is being kept top notice or you aren't being affected by this: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...P2P-throttling
    (1)

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast