Player
    Character
    Valerie Vesper
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeshield99 View Post
    impossible to win to whoever has ping more than 100. Titan cast aoe spell 2 sec and you lag 1 sec behind. 1 sec is not enough for u to run out of big aoe... SE should make an ingame ping check so I won't waste my time while I lag.
    I don't really think you understand what those numbers mean. 100 ping means 100 milliseconds. There are 1000 milliseconds in a second. That means a message takes one tenth of a second to make a round trip from your computer to the world server and back. That means with 100 ping, you have 1.9 seconds to react, not 1. That means you are either lying, or bad.
    (1)

Character
    Skadi Frostborn
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    WTB EU Datacenter

I noticed sometimes I get hit from Titan ground attack when I am at least 10 meters away from it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Glacial Whisperwind
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Livilda View Post
    I don't really think you understand what those numbers mean. 100 ping means 100 milliseconds. There are 1000 milliseconds in a second. That means a message takes one tenth of a second to make a round trip from your computer to the world server and back. That means with 100 ping, you have 1.9 seconds to react, not 1. That means you are either lying, or bad.
    The average human reaction time is ~.7-.8 ms so in fact they have about 1.2 seconds to respond.
    (4)
    Mcshiggs wrote - "Yoshi P minion- Idle animations are smoking and drinking coffee, if anyone right clicks him he says "Please look forward to it." $4.99"

Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    The difference is that I've been experiencing this problem since I've started playing MMOs, and instead of letting the latency ruin my experience, I took it upon myself to try and work with it.

How can you over come latency? Acknowledge the delay and adapting to it would be a good start. Positioning is even more crucial as any delay will likely mean you have less time to react, for a number of reasons. By far, some mechanics are easier to overcome with these tactics, but when all else fails, you have to rely on the predictability of most MMO boss encounters. If Titan's pools come 15 seconds after his line AoE, start moving 14 seconds after the line AoE. Yes some times you'll still get caught out, and these aren't fool proof in anyway but it is better than sitting on your hands waiting on a European data center, right?

Heck, I can even walk into AoEs as they 'go off' on my screen because I can reliably predict when it is going off server side because of being extensively exposed to 'crippling' lag that makes encounters 'impossible'.

Edit: For the record, I am not saying that you're a bad player, just that there are probably things you haven't tried/exhausted that are within your power given the situation. If you can host/maintain a data center in Europe, then you could probably get the latency fixed, however if you can't this 'issue' is likely to be around for awhile.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jynxii; 09-07-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    If my posts seem short or incoherent, I am probably editing the rest in.

Player
    Character
    Rillifane Woren
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Got to love how some EU players think they speak for everyone in terms of latency and getting hit with attacks, in the entire game i can list off only 2 AoE based attacks that hit me 90% of the time even though i move out of them straight away, and guess what these attacks also hit all east coast NA and people in canada too. First boss of Wanderer's Palace his spit attack hits people fairly often even if they run out of the AoE straight away, and the chimera fight for relic, his cones and small ice aoe hits people that move out of them often too and chances are both of those are down to an error in their programming which will be fixed.

Oh and i don't even use fibre optic adsl ftw >.>
    (0)

Character
    Risae Nyan
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Square doesnt care, now move on.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Voltres Lionward
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    The fight is easy only for people actually in NA. I have 200ms latency and even though on my screen I always dodge it, I get hit anyway. The AOE ring has to be checked client side, but SE is famous for having crappy connections, so I don't expect it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Helinin Landgravine
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Well unless they increase the time before those AOE goes off, there is like no way ppl with high latency can cope with it. Moreover, it not only affect this fight, all fights involving AOE is an issue 1 way or another.

There is no way out for this problem. To those who said tgey dont have such problem, well good for you. I know ppl that suffer from this problem.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Edda Menubrea
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I think most of the issues people are having isn't mainly related to latency, but server refresh rate. Since it's all being handled server side with a .3 seconds positional check, you'll often find yourself screwed over by it. In most cases you're able to compensate by being able to predict and anticipate enemy telegraphs, while in other cases it's borderline impossible to avoid. I've had times where telegraphs hit me even though I was on the move as it targets me, in this case human error is completely removed and it still wasn't enough. My 240 ms only adds insult to injury, of course.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HumsterMKX View Post
    There is no way out for this problem. To those who said tgey dont have such problem, well good for you. I know ppl that suffer from this problem.
    So people with similar (higher) latency and are managing are either wrong, lying, or just straight up lucky? I guess some groups that reliably clear HM Titan and sit on higher latency must be using up all the luck from the rest of the players. Please keep telling yourself this; it would be unfair if you had to actually adapt to your situation.

As a side note: Square, please don't dumb down boss mechanics because people 'lag' and fail to actually attempt to better themselves or their tactics to complete the encounters, even though they suffer from the 'impossible' 200ms threshold. Pretty sure every other MMO over the last 5-6 years have catered for this crowd already and some of us actually like the challenge.
    (4)
    If my posts seem short or incoherent, I am probably editing the rest in.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast