Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Xile Star
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Yea i think people here just have shit internet thats your problem.

You should, you know...just get fiber...that will make the difference. (Unless you're in australia, because thats nologner an option for most people since the Australian broadband party was just voted out. )

OH WAIT, NO! fiber still doesn't defy the laws of physics and when your shit has to travel around the world you still get a terrible ping...

This is worsened by the fact the server has a tick/polling rate of 3, 200ms ping becomes 500ms and you're already dead, you just don't know it yet.
    (4)
    Last edited by SKYeXile; 09-09-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vonleo Slanzar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    2 hours away from the montreal data base and i have the same problems as these guys.....the dungeon is freaking broken....
    (7)

Player
    Character
    The Doctor
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Its also kinda funny that players (Free Company) that have beaten him went in there with Relic geared players.... When you need a relic to obtain a relic its quite silly lol. but, that latency lag is quite funny thing indeed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zen Endymion
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
    OH WAIT, NO! fiber still doesn't defy the laws of physics and when your shit has to travel around the world you still get a terrible ping...

this i what most people don't know
    internet speed won't help you with the ping, it's the location
    the distance between your location and the server determines your ping, not your internet speed
    yes it helps a little by having a good internet speed, very little in fact

here in Indonesia, we barely have 5 mbps connection speed, most of us are having like 512 kbps - 1 mbps
    and guess what? we got 150 ms ping to Japan
    even one of my friend who use 128 kbps connection got the same latency
    as long as your connection doesn't give any RTO, you won't feel any lag

Player
    Character
    Lunar Emerald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Weight of the land's spellcast duration needs to be lengthened. It's too short. As soon as you see it appear, it's 50% done.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Xile Star
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by texhnolyze View Post
    this i what most people don't know
    internet speed won't help you with the ping, it's the location
    the distance between your location and the server determines your ping, not your internet speed
    yes it helps a little by having a good internet speed, very little in fact

here in Indonesia, we barely have 5 mbps connection speed, most of us are having like 512 kbps - 1 mbps
    and guess what? we got 150 ms ping to Japan
    even one of my friend who use 128 kbps connection got the same latency
    as long as your connection doesn't give any RTO, you won't feel any lag

Yea, i actually get a better ping on my home ADSL(.700kbs/150kbs) connection, this is my works Fiber line, hooked directly into our ISP's network and eastern melbourne backbone(they're nextdoor...connection is via CAT6...) but i dont think they rent pipe networks guam line because they're a datacentre mostly. but yea certainly, connection quailty has very little to do with ping. this fiber line only cuts about 20-30ms ping off a San Jose trip over my ADSL line.
    (0)

trf-guild.com

Player
    Character
    Eluna May
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    Any chance of an update on this SE?, currently the 0.3 second character location checks are really holding the game back.

I can't interact with items without it interrupting due to it thinking I am not there at the time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arashi Daigon
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I find it funny. I feel the titan fight is broken, granted I haven't even attempted Hard Mode yet, but you know that wonderful punch that he does that throws ya off? Well I've see it where the Tank literally is out of the field and behind him... and suddenly get thrown off in the opposite direction from the punch. Do we want to blame latency on this as well?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pork Gurpman
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    The lag in titan does suck alot, but it's certainly not impossible. I'd say if I tried to dodge weight of the land on pure reaction, I'd get hit 7/10 times. You can compensate for the lag by learning his pattern after the heart and having your group preemptively dodging titans abilities. If your entire group is unwilling to learn the pattern, you could at least have your tank learn the pattern and call it out to the group(good luck PUGs).

Most of the people in my group can barely dodge weight of the land without getting hit due to lag, but with the way we position ourselves before the circles land, everyone can usually dodge it by moving preemptively: http://www.twitch.tv/kelenaevecchi/c/2904011?t=5m05s
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nimbis Derecho
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    No, my internet connection is not wrong, I live in Italy and servers are in Canada, that's happening just because we don't have a real EU server, where NA people ping 20 ms.
    I can most certainly guarantee you most NA players do NOT get a 20ms ping.
    (0)
    "I am the future -- I am metaphor for war..."
    Climhazzard <hZd> -- Zalera Server

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast