Player
    Character
    Verta Silverkin
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

How do you make gil in this game?

Seriously, is there a method of making continous gil in this game? I tried leveling up gathering to 6 and I'm not having any luck selling the stuff I collected. Is the stuff at the higher levels of gathering selling for more? Thanks in advance for the advice ^.^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misakie Rice
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Botanist and Miner is rly hard to earn money in this game. But these two jobs can help u levelling other crafting jobs a lot. U can earn money by selling high Lv Hq items
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gadzi Hajaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Work the market. Find an item that no one else is selling and exploit it for a while. But like Misakie said botanist and miner are hard mainly due to bots selling on the market. Once you start making a little gill you gain a little control over the market as you can buy out under cut prices then re-list them at a higher value. There are also videos online with some suggestions but they only work for a short time as everyone starts catching on to the trick. Just take your time and don't settle for less than you want to get on an item, and if the market value is too low for your taste just keep the item and craft it out. I'd be more specific but I don't want to loose what little advantage I have.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Just spiritbond iLv55 gear. T4 materia prices are outrageous.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aylaine Gray
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Find the markets on your server and go after them. I for example make a -lot- of gathering HQ items, in the 25-40 range, and they sell like hotcakes for 5-8k each, sometimes more.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hwasung Firestar
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverkin View Post
    Seriously, is there a method of making continous gil in this game? I tried leveling up gathering to 6 and I'm not having any luck selling the stuff I collected. Is the stuff at the higher levels of gathering selling for more? Thanks in advance for the advice ^.^
    1. Identify items used for leves and collect those. Examples being anything that turns into ingots, woods, etc that are associated with popular leves.

2. Mass collect high level mats from unspoiled nodes at level 50. The nodes respawn every 70 minutes and yield (on my server) about 7500g per node when collected even in unprocessed forms. Processing into nuggets/logs/thread yields an even bigger return on your time. Someone only collecting Crawler Coccoons, Darksteel and Gold Ore on my server would be able to to make 20k/hour just from the gathering and almost 50k/hour if they converted those mats into finished products.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eclair Xysha
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    No they don't really sell for more. Only the 1 star and 2 star items...Or the items that are REQUIRED to make 1 or 2 star items will sell more definitely but anything lower, its a hit or miss....

I honestly just leveled up Alchemist to save my arse since I'm going to DoM this game all the way. Thats it. It's kind of b.s to craft something and sell it for less than what you paid for.
    Trying to level up Botany right now, but its hell because its just so boring. :/ I'm not up for all this disciple of hand/land type of jobs but... they help.... in one way or the other....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Belcross Panda
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    The best answer to your question is, simply, sit down and spend 30 minutes or so looking thru your server's market board and study it. Each server is different so there is no one item that is static to sell.

The amount of gil you make will be equivalent to the amount of effort you spent studying the market board.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ifrit Tamer
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I agree with the above. Play the markets.

Also, you can buy things off the npc's and sell them on the markets. People dont know / care that npc's sell these items and theres plenty of gil to be made that way. Don't underestimate some peoples stupidity.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Burnhilde Valkyrie
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Easy mine or use botany to collect shards and sell them on marketboard.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast