Player
    Character
    Kwaky Kwak
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 39

Item transfer between characters on same account

We're not allowed to directly mail items to characters on the same account. If I'm not mistaken the point of disabling this feature is to reduce RMT.

Then can we just have a friend act as a proxy and send us our items? Will that flag our accounts for RMT or anything?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Renabi Rena
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I don't understand how mailing items to a character on the same account increases the possibility of RMT. I personally didn't know this restriction was in place since having two characters on the same server seems extremely redundant when you can do everything on one character. Regardless, letting a friend hold on to a few items or having them send you materials/items shouldn't flag you unless either of you work/interacted with someone who would cast suspicion.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Etgar Locke
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I wanted to know the same thing. Really annoying. I created an alt for variation and I'm being punished for it. As I recall, I'm permitted more than 1 character so why is SE working so hard to undermine that? Between the two characters I want to learn all classes but it doesn't do much good if I can't transfer items between characters.

Also not sure how it has anything to do with RMT.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Lana Eoghammer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 30
    I agree... I was making a second character to stockpile my less used gathered items... but as i can't befriend my 2 character i'm "forced" to use a friend "of confiance" to transfer items from my main to my secondary character...
    I have some friend that plays so it will not be a great problem to ask them to create a secondary character where i could send a hiundred of mail full of "junk" items but it will be painfull...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alize Starfallen
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 16
    It stops RMT Moogle Mail spam. They can't just send a million mails to random people without being on their friends list.

I too am upset by this restriction (not the spamming, the mailing to alts). I am an avid crafter and hoarder. 2 retainers fill up fast. I wish SE would think about this and respond and let us know what is up. We either need access to our own alts or a shared bank section that we can trade between our characters.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Leonas Dias
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I'm more annyoed with the lack of same account mailing to each other because of the simple fact that you can't generate gil personally in order to fuel level 50 dungeoning. You'll go broke. Before people say sell on the Market Board, yes yes I know. I was meaning the ingame economy. General gameplay endgame WITHOUT quests won't cover teleport and repair costs.

So guess what? If you're broke, only way to personally make more money without using market and taking money from others who don't know any better atm until they add dailies is making a NEW character and doing all quests from 1 - 50 for that extra 300k. BUT you can't mail it to your main character.

Wry SE. Wry.
    (1)
    When all is lost,
    All is in vain.
    When Good and Evil,
    Unite in pain.
    Rivers of swords must join as one,
    Only then shall the spell be undone.

Player
    Character
    Chizuru Ura
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 38
    Unless they have strong diligent people watching RMT is going to happen unfortunately. We can only send mail to people on out friend's list...how hard is it to add an rmt as a friend? But we can't mail to our own characters...doesn't seem well thought out to me but I could be wrong.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Synol Vael
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Couldn't you just make a guild with your alts and just use the bank to transfer everything?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Friel Wyndor
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Ugh, I hate not being able to trade items between my characters. There are so many ways they could do this -- a cross-character bank, shared retainers, allowing us to mail characters on the same account. They clearly allow players to have more than one character per server. They even make us pay extra for the privilege. And yet, as they welcome us with one hand, SE uses the other to slap us in the face.

I have an alt, mainly because I like the change from time to time. I like having a different race/appearance, and I like specializing in a different range of classes/crafting on each character. I don't have a ton of items to constantly trade back and forth, but once in a while I'd like to be able to craft some gear for the other character, or swap materials. Obviously, being able to do so would offer me no advantage over other players -- anyone who just has the one character already has access to 100% of their items at all times.

I know this game emphasizes mastering all classes on a single character, but you can encourage that without discouraging those of us who like to play a different way. Denying us a reliable method of cross-character storage/trade seems arbitrarily dismissive and mean-spirited.

I've been able to trade a few items a couple of times by "laundering" them through my FC's bank. The process involves:
    1) On the first character, go stand in front of the FC bank. Log out.
    2) On the second character, go stand in front of the FC bank. Log out.
    3) Back on the first character, find some empty item slots in the FC bank (if there are any) and drop in a few items. Log out.
    4) On the second character, find those items in the FC bank immediately and remove them.

This is in no way an acceptable, reliable, or long-term solution. For one thing, if you had a whole guild of people doing this, it just wouldn't be possible. The bank would be a mess, and people would mix up their items. It also runs the risk of having your items stolen (intentionally or not) by other FC members. If you want to do this at all, you have to make the transaction on both ends immediately, and not just leave stuff in there for a while and get to it when it's "convenient." Also, the amount of stuff you can swap back and forth is likely limited to a few essential items. The more you've got, the more potential for complications. At the very least, all this item swapping is probably going to look odd to your guild leader/treasurer (not sure if they can track bank transactions, but I assume they can).

Would it be so terrible, to just optionally share a retainer between characters?
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Aldrick Gladius
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 17
    This thread.
    I just simply don't believe that not mailing your own alts is any real deterrent to RMT. All it does is make those of us who enjoy using alts or who have a tendency to gather beyond our inventories extremely reliant on a horribly designed player economy market to sell extra materials, and then have to buy them later when we need them. UGH. Poor design poorly executed on the economy SE.
    (4)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast