Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Shanrain Jade
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 17
    This is a major issue. We need account wide retainer for characters on same server, or the ability to friend our own alts offline. This must be in the first patch. You have no idea how many long term players will leave your game over this one thing.

"But you can do everything on one character" people need leave no comment. I could paint everything in my house red if I wanted to. I could have a more intelligent conversation with a guppy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syanis Gorgantius
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    I'm really pissed off on this also not being able to mail my own damned characters. I have been grinding away on crafts in hopes of pimping out other characters as they level and just found out I can't even mail my own alt on my own account. This is beyond stupidity by the devs and really just says f*** you to especially any crafter. Many crafters don't craft for markets in mmo's but for personal use and they utterly killed that aspect.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Deolus Moonshadow
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I only have the one character but as he is around 40 in all crafting and gathering jobs I am rapidly running out of storage space. I can sympathise with those who have created alt mules to try and solve the problem. Personally I would settle for a third retainer even if I had to pay extra for the privilege.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syanis Gorgantius
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Its not about more storage space. For a lot its about alts I'd think as it is for me. Sure I can do everything on 1 toon but I'd still prefer having different toons and not have to level crafting on all of them for what I need. Since I started I envisioned myself 1 heavy male melee / tank type toon, 1 light spirited female bard/archer type toon, and 1 female elven sort caster type toon. The goal as with many for crafting is making stuff for their own characters including alts yet this is ruined completely as you can't even mail crap to yourself. Its an easy fix but as usual Devs in MMO's don't really listen to players. And all those spammers they are trying to avoid just spend random tells to people anyways. I get them relatively frequently.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Theodan Valefor
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I concurr, I truly believe that adding the facility to send someone/your alt a friend request while they are offline would make so much of a difference and allow us all to utilize our alts for the purposes we need.
    I dont see any real downside to this and surely would increase £$ with SE.

Come on SE, help us out with this please!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thunderin Lightnin
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    So thank god there's a thread that discusses this issue.

I've been thinking about playing multiple characters for a while, so I was creating a character for the Lightning event. I like/want the Lightning attire, and… well… I have a male character. aka "You CAN'T do everything with one character."

If I am to play multiple characters, I want to send items/gil to them, but I guess I am going to weigh my options and see if I want to work around this money grubbing decision or just deal with the restrictive multi-character play. Guess if I buy a separate account, I can meld for them too, and yet… it's more money per month. Decisions decisions.

edit: Idea! Make retainers available between characters on the same account! If a character is banned for RMT, it's the account that gets banned, which include the retainers. This sounds like a suitable solution to keeping RMTs restricted while catering to player needs.
    (1)
    Last edited by JagerForrester; 11-14-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Selah Everheart
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 42
    Indeed, having the option of multiple characters becomes a lot less attractive if our characters can't help each other along. There needs to be some way to create an account-specific "drop-box", whether it's a shared retainer, the (currently under-utilized) Armoire, or Moogle Mail. As others have stated, if RMT is the issue, that can be handled in other ways.

I see that this is related to my other current annoyance: not being able to send a friend request to a PSN acquaintance who just started the game, if I can't catch her online. I had been wondering why this was a problem. Now I understand that it's not a bug -- it's a policy. An unfortunate one, IMO.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Burnhilde Valkyrie
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Why not just make retainer inventories shared between characters?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Femke Fisker
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 56
    I would say the reason is because they want to take up as much of your time as possible. Considering it's pay to play and all. Time is money.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3