Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Valarian Marquez
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    can't you just create and FC and use its bank?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aixa Ravenpaw
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 59
    This could have to do with using mail to launder gil and make it a lot harder to trace or something.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thessaline Traquair
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 24
    I too would love it if I could send items to my alts. Yes, I know one avatar can do everything, but I enjoy having multiple, specialized characters. Freshens up gameplay a bit.

Not being able to share items between my characters -- especially stuff that one wouldn't need, but the other does, as, say, a crafter -- frustrates me. It's a smallish issue, I suppose, but right now it seems like a pointless restriction, and one that limits my enjoyment of the game. Solutions: enable friending of a player's own characters (perhaps this could be automatic, to get around both parties needing to be online), an account-wide bank vault (I like someone's suggestion of accessing it in an inn room), or allowing a retainer to send things between alts (perhaps through other retainers). The last two might help with the gold/gil-sellers problem, as you have to be a certain level to use them.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Nerd Bird
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 25
    I was planning on paying for a standard subscription (instead of entry) until I found out that it's impossible to mail items to my own alts on the same server. What's the point of having alts if you can't mail them anything?
    (7)

Player
    Character
    R'mohka Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 64
    I have so much support for this thread.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Coralie Moonseeker
    World
    Belias
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    So basically there is no point to sub the standard, best to just pay for the basic one, 1 character per server, since you cannot mail items between characters on the same account. Whose idea is this..... even on FFXI you can send items between characters on the same account...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vari Deoradhain
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    This has made me Craaazyyy... If anything if they wish to keep it where you can only mail friends you should be able to add people who are offline... like your Alts... Right now I'm buddy buddy with an FC member that is my middleman... and I feel bad for asking them when I need to mail stuff to myself.. and its only for crafts and armor... > frustration... setting in!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyserion View Post
    I love the justification for staying logged in while afking for hours at a time: "Well, I get frustrated when I can't play for hours at a time..." Welcome to the club? The difference is mostly that some of us can handle it like adults, and some of us are still apparently children.
    Go back to sleep you aren't missing a thing!

Player
    Character
    Sylveon Paws
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 71
    I'd like it if they somehow made an account mail, like Neverwinter had, or some kind of account wide storage, like many other games. Or maybe have our alts show up on our mailing list. I don't see how having any of those things would increase RMT or mail spam if that's the issue. ♥
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kellhus Dunyain
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 43

Friend List

Since you must accept friend requests, why not fix this by allowing friend requests to be sent to offline players? I could then send a friend request to my alt, accept it on my alt, and we're good to go.

I just want to mail upgrades to mah sexy BLM!
    (3)
    Do me a solid and cheese these nachos?

Player
    Character
    Narim Eskarim
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrymc View Post
    I was planning on paying for a standard subscription until I found out that it's impossible to mail items to my own alts.
    Same here. Currently, the only incentive to paying for multiple months is that those interested in role playing can stay with their community and the rest of us can get earlier access to the veteran rewards. I don't mind waiting on the rewards and have no interest in role playing, so it's useless to have two characters on the same server.

The best fix for this would be what Thodoll suggested and allow us to send friend requests to people that are offline. Yet, those of us who would have had multiple characters will likely stick to one now as it's be a pain to relevel crafting or gathering classes. The only immediate plus would be getting all the Gil you could earn via quest rewards, but at this point, that time would be better spent selling goods on the market board (unless the economy were to tank, of course).
    (1)
    Destroying Magitek and toppling Empires since 1994.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast