Hybrid View

Character
    Syfin Cross
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Post Your Solution For Gil Generation

First Id like to say that this is a thread for solutions for gil generation. That means that the game creates money, not an exchange of gil from one person to another. With that out of the way, this is what I have seen and others have shared:

1) Battle Leves award 6 allowances per 24 hours. This amount to roughly 3000 gil.
    2) FATE- Roughly 95 gil per FATE.
    3) Guildhest- 240gil after first completion bonus.
    4) One-time only quests- Roughly 250,000 gil altogether.
    5) Crafting Leves- can award upwards of 5k per leve.

Anyone else know of ways to CREATE gil that can fit into the majority of people's schedules?

Future solutions that devs may incorporate:

-After completing Hunting Log, make a repeatable weekly pafe that awards gil in place of exp.
    -Creat a Bounty Board in adventurer's guild that allows hunting of NMs for gil.
    -Increased amount of gil gained by selling to NPC
    -Lowered repair costs **This has been implemented by Devs**
    -Daily quests that award a fair amount of gil(suggested 10000 gil.)

EDIT: I can see people are not providing numbers for their solutions. This is to help people who are struggling to pay for their repair bills. Actual numbers with the amount of time it would take to make said gil would be best for the community.

EDIT 2: For those who dont know, once you get to level 50 and have decent gear, the repair cost ranges from 3k-5k. From personal experience, I can see maybe 6 or 7 dungeon runs before the gear must be repaired. I am not trying to blow smoke, this is a real issue people are running into and the reason for this thread. To help alleviate people's gil issue for the present and future.

EDIT 3: This is a thread about generation not exchanging of hands. If more gil is not created versus lost, then there is none to exchange with on the market as time goes on.

EDIT 4: With the repair costs reduced, I believe that gil generation vs money sink has been solved. However, continue to discuss if you disagree or would like to add to the conversation.
    (36)
    Last edited by Syfin; 09-18-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ares Skullfury
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    work for it, crafting and gathering have been very nice too me
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Nenin Poponsand
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares_Skullfury View Post
    work for it, crafting and gathering have been very nice too me
    Lmao I just logged in to say what an excellent example of someone who doesn't read a thread but still wants to be heard.

Literally nobody in the world cares if you've made some nice profits off of crafting/gathering. In fact, if you HAVEN'T made a fair chunk of gil with a 50 craft or 50 gathering class your IQ is most likely under room temp.

Go ahead and tell your mom about how you responded to a thread about large scale gil creation trying to subtly brag about how much money you've made scamming new crafters out of their main quest gil. Let me know how that goes.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ysolde Shahrizai
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Wait for the sinks to drain gil from legacy players to go away and for Yoshi to put something sustainable in once all servers have similar economies.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Lolo Landerlu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitemage82 View Post
    Wait for the sinks to drain gil from legacy players to go away and for Yoshi to put something sustainable in once all servers have similar economies.
    I never understood the legacy hate outside of being just jealously because they aren't holding you back from anything.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Neasa Vera
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Dungeons (You also get a bonus for first timers, at least in the lower ones).
    Guildhests.
    Leves.
    FATEs.
    NPCing all the random crap you accumulate.

There is no gil generation issue.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Ryah Moonstride
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Neasa View Post
    Have to disagree. My experience has been that there are disproportionately more gil sinks than gil-generating mechanisms in the game. It would create a much better balance if there were something a little more supplemental thrown in. Or maybe a bunch of little somethings.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Mr Sticks
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by avaughnimous View Post
    Have to disagree. My experience has been that there are disproportionately more gil sinks than gil-generating mechanisms in the game. It would create a much better balance if there were something a little more supplemental thrown in. Or maybe a bunch of little somethings.
    Um... If you are finding there are more gil sinks than gil-generating mechanisms, maybe you need to lay off of some of the gil sinks?

I haven't found any yet until level 50 when you /need/ to buy a relic weapon and a couple r3 materia. Beyond that, you literally have nothing that you need to buy with gil.

Repairs? Ok... If you do any dungeons and full clear them(especially at level 50) you get at LEAST 1400g per run with allagan bronze coins.
    (0)

Character
    Shiyo Kozuki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Neasa View Post
    Dungeons (You also get a bonus for first timers, at least in the lower ones).
    Guildhests.
    Leves.
    FATEs.
    NPCing all the random crap you accumulate.

Mathematically impossible.

I'm waiting for dailies in 2.1 that will hopefully reward a proper amount of gil for a level50 character.

edit: Yoshi announced it a week or so ago, I don't remember the link sorry. They didn't say the rewards, just "it will be needed for end game".

Honestly, there's no reason for repairs to even be in this game. The ways to make gil are so low now compared to 1.0, that having repairs is just silly.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 09-07-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Smokey Asura
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Mathematically impossible.

I'm waiting for dailies in 2.1 that will hopefully reward a proper amount of gil for a level50 character.
    When did they announce dailies and what the rewards will be for 2.1? Link?
    (0)

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast