Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Syfin Cross
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerousDangerous View Post
    Ok you are talking about NPC vendoring high level gathering mats...

I sell my stuff on the market and make way more.

Ive barely touched crafting/gathering and have made good money on it.

If you refuse to craft or gather try selling all that worthless junk you just NPC away...you might be surprised what others will pay for it.

Also, consider selling your shards, people pay big for them bulk, and if you don't craft they just sit there on your last page in your inventory and collect dust.

There are PLENTY of ways to make gil. they just don't hand it to you on a platter..well actually they kind of do.
    This is a thread about generation not exchanging of hands. If gil is not created, then there is none to exchange with on the market as time goes on.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Neasa Vera
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Egonomics View Post
    All of these things, except quests and SOME leves (mostly tradeleves and handing out self-farmed HQ items) are a net loss to you as a player. Running dungeons costs me more gil than I can make in one run, and I can't sell any of the gear to vendors in endgame dungeons.

So everything you listed? Gil sinks because of repair costs incurred.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is a major problem and it needs to be addressed very soon.
    Maybe you just need to not die so much, 'cause I sure make more in a day than I lose just dicking around and running dungeons.
    Everything I listed? XD MOST leves shouldn't even scratch your equipment, and the guildhests I mentioned take all of a couple minutes. You're not taking much damage. FATEs end in literally seconds to minutes... Your gear is not getting damaged, unless you keep dying.

Though, I will be fair here - I do think they need to adjust gear duration for tanks. It obviously makes more sense for a tank's equipment to wear out faster, but it's not very fair in the grand scheme of things. Sure, they get easy invites, but even Yoshida's complained there aren't enough tanks. Of course, if people insist on dying to progress in Amdapor Keep, a larger repair bill is fitting. :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Qarin Lor'rissan
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerousDangerous View Post
    Ok you are talking about NPC vendoring high level gathering mats...

I sell my stuff on the market and make way more.

Ive barely touched crafting/gathering and have made good money on it.

If you refuse to craft or gather try selling all that worthless junk you just NPC away...you might be surprised what others will pay for it.

Also, consider selling your shards, people pay big for them bulk, and if you don't craft they just sit there on your last page in your inventory and collect dust.

There are PLENTY of ways to make gil. they just don't hand it to you on a platter..well actually they kind of do.
    None of these are making more Gil and adding it to the economy. They are just moving money (minus a 5% AH cut) around.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Virus Jones
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'm hoping the dailies they add in aren't basically just more levequests. I wouldn't mind some daily/weekly dungeon quests to complete some or all of the sub 30 dungeons for level 50 characters, completion then granting ~10k gil or whatever.

I'd love to see some achievements added to dungeons that give a reward (gil/seals/tomes/etc.) for defeating bosses in novel ways. Something like defeating the Adjudicator in Qarn without killing a Mythril Verge for example. Subsequent completions of the achievement will grant a lesser award than the first time (half the gil/seals/tomes/etc.). Doing the dungeon achievements in Rift were probably the most fun I had in the game!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Furious Laughter
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Besides 1-time activities (quests, 1st completes, etc - which cannot be repeated), there is no gil generation in this game that doesn't incur a repair loss greater than the gil introduction.

If you think there isn't a gil problem, it's because you aren't 50 and running endgame content yet. Repairs are draining me faster than I can believe. There is almost NO gil introduction once you have done the one-time content, and the gil removal goes up to a ridiculous degree at endgame.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nefario Call
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    what i'm doing right now is farming and crafting 20 mil in mats/finished items so that no matter what happens, i'll still be filthy rich.

...but on the other hand i still haven't progressed beyond sastasha.
    (1)

Character
    Syfin Cross
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Deusteele View Post
    None of these are making more Gil and adding it to the economy. They are just moving money (minus a 5% AH cut) around.
    Actually its a 10% cut. Buyer and seller both pay a 5% tax.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reeka Teeks
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 82
    I have an Idea. You know how the vendors in the cities that sell you armour and weapons for pretty high prices compared to what you sell them? That's the problem! I think that when we sell our items it should be the same value as if you brought the item from the store.

For example Scale mail would cost 3000 gil
    If you was to sell that back it would be like 100 gil back maybe even less. It should be the same or very close.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kitamura Seiju
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I think lowering the repair cost could fix this hole Problem. At least for me the repair costs are the Problem. In v1 it was cheaper and easier to get the things needed for repairs.
    And it would interfere much less with the economy then introducing quest with much gil as rewards.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Don Katsu
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Level crafting jobs, this isn't like FFXI where it's a guessing game of whether or not you will get skill to level up, you will level up. I made 400k leveling Armorer from 32-50
    (2)

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast