Character
    Zen Endymion
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    But this is the design of this game.
    Level up different classes to complete your character. It is not a 1 character = 1 class MMO. If you reduce your character to only 1 class, you gimp yourself.
    the problem is, people refuse to see that
    they'll say something like "this is the way i play, SE can't dictate me how do i play the game"

Quote Originally Posted by EdwinLi View Post
    Actually I have some ideas....

The lvl 50 dungeons should provide 1 bag of Allagan Platinum Piece.

By average people pay between 400 to 1000 gil in thier repair bill so every lvl 50 dungeon will provide at least 9,600 gil to 9000 gil per run.

here is the List of Allagan Piece in this game currently

Platinum piece = 10,000 gil
    Gold Piece = 2,500 gil
    Silver Piece = 500 gil
    Bronze Piece = 100 gil
    Tin piece = 25 gil
    that's just too much gil regeneration
    in a month, you'll see a darklight crafted sold for 5 million gil

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by texhnolyze View Post

that's just too much gil regeneration
    in a month, you'll see a darklight crafted sold for 5 million gil
    ok how about

Ideal set up... (SE could change this)

Sastasha, Tam-Tam Deepcraft, Copper Mine = 2 Bronze Piece

Halatali, Thousand Maw, Haukke Manor, Brayflox' Longstop, Sunken Temple = 1 Silver Piece

Aurum Vale, Dzemael Darkhold, Stone Vigil = 2 Silver piece

Wanderer's Palace, Amdapor Keep, Castrum Meridianum, Praetorium = 1 Gold Piece.

More lighter than my first idea.

remember

List of Allagan Piece in this game currently

Platinum piece = 10,000 gil
    Gold Piece = 2,500 gil
    Silver Piece = 500 gil
    Bronze Piece = 100 gil
    Tin piece = 25 gil

The ideal helps both people trying to get gil and people who want more people to dungeon with. Ya it is not perfect but it helps motivate people to dungeon more. It may make people want higher levels dungeon but the current price helps people still working their way to level 50 as well. It covers their repair bills and provide some gil as they work their way to lvl 50 rather than losing a lot of gil since when you level a 2nd or 3rd or more classes (both DoW, DoM, DoL, and DoH) the quest are no longer there to cover the repair bills and leves are limited so dungeons become another source of gil and provides more reason to level by using Dungeons.
    (1)
    Last edited by EdwinLi; 09-17-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Bustaballs Bbot
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel_Mourningwood View Post
    Reduce transportation and repair costs by about 90%. Leave everything else as is. Then wait and see. Change stuff if more things are required. Worst case scenario - add in exp loss on death if needed. Had a 1900 gil repair bill from farming up just shy of 50 animal hides to craft leatherworker today from playing my 50 Paladin. That's just a bit over the top considering what I was fighting.
    Why in the hell would you farm animal hides with lv50 gear? If you use lower lv gear, you pay less for repairs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mocha Momocha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by kelsethel View Post
    Farming and or crafting really isn't what I play for so to the people who do I have no problem with but to make it mandatory to make any gil is really wrong is every sense of the word.
    I think this is really the crux of the issue. People don't want to play the crafting and gathering portions of the game that provide gil, and then complain when they have none. I personally think that setup is fine - after all, it's analogous to a person who doesn't like raiding complaining that they have to in order to get high-end gear.

Quote Originally Posted by kelsethel View Post
    as a side note as being a WHM having to pay 70k for one materia is outrageous the way you get materia is some of the most grindy things in this game and I really wonder if its balance I'm talking about and just the concept but wish you guys luck on fixing this mess.
    This is mostly exacerbated by the fact that all of the high end stuff that would yield high end materia is non-convertible. People jump right into AF gear, so most never spend time in gear that can actually be converted. Of course, those of us who realize this....
    (2)
    Last edited by Dreamer; 09-17-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: That obnoxious character limit -really- needs to go.

Player
    Character
    Brynhilda Skyforge
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    Making your gil work for you

We can certainly understand that teleportation costs make it difficult to manage your gil and that the cost of living can be high in general. The other day the team decreased the repair cost and price for dark matter (as covered in Camate's post) but we'll continue to look into adjusting income expenses in an effort to continually balance the economy.

We don't have any particular details right now, but we're looking through your feedback while investigating this matter and appreciate your continued feedback as you explore and live in Eorzea.
    I can't go on living cause everything is costly.

/wrist

hehe just kidding, but really, the only way i'm making gil is to make alts and send the gil to my main xD
    (0)
    When you see someones glamour with non matching boots

Player
    Character
    Tercino Lascaille
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'm sure someone's already suggested this, it's been in plenty of these types of threads, but make the trash mobs in dungeons drop decent amounts of gil/Allagan pieces. Solves two problems at once, and lets those who want to speed run do so, with the downside that they have to fund their repairs some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by busta View Post
    Why in the hell would you farm animal hides with lv50 gear? If you use lower lv gear, you pay less for repairs.
    I know this isn't what the poster you replied to was doing, but spiritbonding it? Kill two birds with one stone, and you don't even have to pay for repairs
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Luny Lulune
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 31
    I take it most people here forgot about all the other content because they were busy rushing to cap. You have to make your living in this game through gathering/crafting.
    If you don't want to do any of this then it's of course your own choice, but don't expect gil to be handed out because you weren't bothered to work for it.
    (2)

Character
    Palamecia Dalmasca
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    so many people in this thread totally missing the point lol. individual wealth is not generating gil for your server.

The intellect is not strong with these repliers.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kiroro Kuro
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Trindall View Post
    would some of the more experience players care to shed some light on the reasoning behind this?
    most ppl i knew/heard broke mostly are those who use teleport mindlessly. back in 1.0 we do not use Gils for tele. however we have something call Anima which only regen like 8 a day if i dont remember wrongly and it cap out at 99. just like how leve allowance regen now. and depending on where u tele, the further you go would cost u more Anima. If given the same thing now I believe those ppl cant even teleport anymore as we speak. also if we do ifrit there is no such thing call duty finder. so definitely we need to tele there manually. So what we do is we tele as a grp. whoever have more Anima will use it to bring the grp. grp tele still works now as far as i know. despite now it uses Gil but it is more or less the same as last time just a diff form of currency. if ppl choose to use it brainlessly then complain broke, then i got no comment.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cami Fatale
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by makii View Post
    I take it most people here forgot about all the other content because they were busy rushing to cap. You have to make your living in this game through gathering/crafting.
    If you don't want to do any of this then it's of course your own choice, but don't expect gil to be handed out because you weren't bothered to work for it.
    I agree with you.
    Really you don't even HAVE to do that.. if you don't want to do DoH or DoL... use your DoW to farm hides/webs/ etc. Most MMO's have some sort of system that requires "farming" for money. WoW has quest daily farming (which I find incredibly boring, personally), but before that you had to do it the old fashion way. I remember hitting cap in vanilla and farming rune cloth for my epic mount. If you "don't have time" to farm, why are you playing an MMO? They are time consuming and you have to put in some time to advance your character.

Quote Originally Posted by aswedishtiger View Post
    so many people in this thread totally missing the point lol. individual wealth is not generating gil for your server.

The intellect is not strong with these repliers.
    I get so tired of seeing this.
    There are so many people leveling on a server, running lower dungeons, fates, leve's, quests etc. I seriously doubt that there will be an issue -- but if there is, I'm sure SE will address it. Please stop acting like you're concerned about the wealth of the server..Most of these people complaining ARE concerned about personal wealth and use this stupid "server wealth" as a disguise.
    (6)
    Last edited by Cami; 09-17-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast