(1)

Player
    Character
    Iskander Ionius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I've had no problems with the 1gil items. helps when starting a new class. What irks me is when i was shopping for lv5 gear for my LNC and I saw lv5 gear priced in the high hundreds/low thousands
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sydney Strongale
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 24
    Maybe we can expect to accumulate Gil from the daily quests that YP talked about at PAX.

...After that, we asked how daily quests will differ from guild leves. Basically the dailies will be used to expand on the story behind the beast tribes in the world. The quests will explain motivation, lifestyle, and various other factors related to what certain groups are doing in Eorzea. And of course there will be item rewards that aren't available elsewhere.
    Reference
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/09...expanding-fun/

p.s. I would just like to point out the obvious. This game is still very much in its infancy (we have not even subbed yet). Of course there are going to be balancing issues that need to be worked out over time.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tivonna Chasya
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    gyshal greens should be harvested by botany
    reduce wear of crafted items encouraging people to craft r buy crafted items as well.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Mogster Kuponut
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 41
    Please stop making this game even easier! I've been playing for all of a week and I've already gathered well over 200,000 gil, as a new player! Make people do more then just kill things to make their money, make crafting more valuable. Selling half of the stuff we can make/gather at random NPCs for pennies makes it so almost nothing is worth selling or earning yourself. Just go buy it in bulk for chump change. Please keep some challenge in the game, this is suppose to be an mmo right? Long-term commitment, not finish the game in a month? I'm all for new ways to make money, but let's look at the numerous crafting jobs rather then just some random kill quests.

I keep seeing people complaining about things like the price of chocobo greens - really? They cost pennies, and last 30 minutes each. You can make enough money to buy a full stack of them (which should last you a week!) in like an hour. :/
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Neiloch Forever
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I would rather not have to do dailies for cash just like other MMO's. I DESPISE dailies. there are lots of other ways to introduce ways of making money without dailies.

Since 'speed runs' are to be discouraged and actively prevented it would be nice if the trash we must go through actually dropped a significant amount of loot so people don't resent them so much. Sometimes they drop gil/craft materials/vendor trash but its few and far between.

I like making money as I do the content I like doing in a broad sense (pve, dungeons runs) and do not like having to take up special action or side-jobs just to get by. Obviously I shouldn't get rich quick just running AK non-stop but I shouldn't be losing money, breaking even or just BARELY making a profit either. Doing crafting/gathering should always make more many than just running content, but running content successfully shouldn't be leaving me breaking even either.

People can craft and harvest without adventuring, so why should people have to craft or gather to pay for adventuring?
    (1)
    Last edited by Scardon; 09-17-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Balthier Darkbane
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogster_Kuponut View Post
    Please stop making this game even easier! I've been playing for all of a week and I've already gathered well over 200,000 gil,
    I thought the same way till I got level 50 and i didn't receive those precious allagin pieces from everything that I do
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Mocha Momocha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Syfin View Post
    Once you achieve level 50 and completed the one time quests, you will have a better understanding
    I'm level 50. I don't teleport everywhere, I repair much of my own gear, and I don't spend my time spamming dungeons nonstop. Sure, I'm not filthy rich, but I'm also not hurting for gil either.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Neiloch Forever
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I'm level 50. I don't teleport everywhere, I repair much of my own gear, and I don't spend my time spamming dungeons nonstop. Sure, I'm not filthy rich, but I'm also not hurting for gil either.
    So you aren't poor because you leveled up an entirely different class to help and apparently don't adventure a whole lot in the high end. Not exactly making a strong case here.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Campt Mcschrubster
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 31
    A huge problem that I personally have found with item/gil generation is exactly that, there is no method by which the game will generate gil or items for you. This includes the complete lack of a world loot system and the inability to buy, sell or trade some of the more powerful items. Also, yes there are gil drops, but... 1 gil? It's confusing as to why that's even in the game, given its impact. The only method that the game has to actually generate gil or items is questing, and that is finite. I understand that eschewing from these features was probably an attempt to suppress gil farming and RMTers, but the evidence speaks for itself.

I don't understand the reason for ommitting seemingly core features that have been included in nearly every MMO to exist to date.

PS: I'm sure as you can probably tell, I wasn't present for 1.0. If the system was the same, would some of the more experience players care to shed some light on the reasoning behind this? Cheers guys.
    (2)

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast