Player

Odin and Behemoth FATE: Concept Issue?

Hello everyone, I would like to discuss with you about what I feel it's definetively wrong in the two most awsome FATEs of the game, Odin's and Behemoth's one. I don't know if you have been so lucky to try them out, but it's almost impossible enjoy them. From a technological point of view, thinking about an Event that would attract hundreds, if not thousands, of players in the same area, is quite deleterious. I'm not talking about how Square-Enix manages its servers, but how it conceived these contents. I think it's natural that if you put hundreds of players in the same spot, you will be affected by lag and server issues, and this is true for every MMO. I'm convinced that, if Yoshi and his team would like us to enjoy these contents, they should drastically change how they work. (Similar thoughts could be made about high-massive FATE, where the visual priority should be changed:
    1. PT Members
    2. FATE's monsters
    3. Other Players
    4. Other Players' Companions
    5. ...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    This is normal behavior when something is new and open-world. Give it some time, particularly as people obtain the gear they want/need, and you'll notice the numbers drop. By recent experience, if anyone was around when Oondasta was first introduced to WoW, I'm sure they'd understand.

It just might take a while more, since a large number of people still have yet to hit 50 (myself included). They really don't have to change anything, since it's just a temporary problem. I'd imagine that if any changes are made, it would have to be tied into something much more problematic, like the PS3 issue with FATEs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cadoran Pieridae
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Kinda wish they did something like make a destination portal like you get for your main/class/job quests that groups would have access to enter to another instance, but to be fair just making it so they stop disappearing is fine to me as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hecate Arcana
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    There are only 3 changes that need to be made.

1. Players in your party should have absolute draw/rendering priority over players that aren't.
    2. NPCs/Monsters should have absolute draw/rendering priority over players that are not in your party.
    3. Spell effects created by players in your party and NPCs/Monsters should have absolute draw/rendering priority over players that are not in your party.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raniont Navier
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Ya it's kind of a cluster f right now. We did Behemoth the other day and while it was interesting I wouldn't do it again. He kept warping in and out, the only real way to know where he was, was to look at the melee and see who was swinging their weapon, or just look for groups of people suddenly dying. Because we couldn't see him and people just kept dying there was a giant group of scholars/white mages standing back chain ressing people (as would be our job) but most of us all got almost nothing for doing it. I think we spent 15 minutes or so between the two fates and i got 29 grand company seals and 4 deaths worth of repair bills. They really need to fix this but I'm sure they will as someone said it's still really early.
    (0)

Player

I hope it is temporary, but not so sure about it. If none can do it, for the said reasons, for months people will still try to do it and the situation won't change.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raniont Navier
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Also, they REALLY need to address the credit people get for healing/ressing during a fate especially the big ones like Behemoth and Odin. People complain about healers not healing during fates well it's because we get far less contribution credit for healing then we do for just dotting away.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Yeah its pretty bad...can't even see the mob unless you stand on em the entire time. >_<
    (0)

Character
    Tikara Mikani
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    If you ever played FFXI then you should be used to this from Besieged an others events, it happens but you'll be fine once you get the target the 1st time.
    (0)