Player
    Character
    Little Sprinkles
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70

Repair NPC Costs, too much?

I was playing my level 50 main and figured I would swing by the repair NPC. None of my equipment was below 20%, but it costed me around 1k+ to repair it all.

I have yet to run any instance above level 25, and most of my equipment was AF. The costs only seemed expensive due to the amount of wear my equipment suffered, which was barely anything at all. Plus, the fact I have yet to die. This was just wear and tear from playing. The thought that I have to pay gil just to play my character distressed me.

(Note: Yes, I know this is how it was during 1.xx; however, there was far less to do and even then this issue was a concern to me.)

Really, I'm posting this here as feedback and an attempt to reach out to those with higher level characters doing higher level stuff.

Are the NPC repair costs too high? Do your fates and/or dungeons cover the costs (I'm not including quests here since quests are limited)? What are your thoughts on the repair cost?

EDIT: An additional concern in regards to item durability, my items' wear did seem to go down pretty quickly. Especially considering I only suffered minor damage.
    (1)
    Last edited by LittleArrow; 08-26-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tyger Maimhov
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    I'm pretty sure the huge rate of gear wear is because you're syncing with high level gear. My AF would wear really fast (at least in phasee 3), but level appropriate gear didn't wear nearly as fast.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jsun El
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Gear degrades WAY TOO FAST in this game. 10 minutes of grinding and my gear is at 90%? Give me a break. There needs to be gil sinks but this is not one of them.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kirala Lielwind
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    either buy dm5 from npc at 350 gils a pop. or use your company seals to buy the dm. I'm not sure if you can ask your friends to repair gear yet....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pew Pewsen
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    i dont know how to cover the costs 5k to repair my stuff dafuq oO
    (0)
    Last edited by blub; 08-31-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Buffy Summers
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I completely agree. I brought this up in my FC and immediately got chewed out and told to do something else besides gear up for endgame.

I think it's pretty silly that it just wears down from standing around in a dungeon. 5 or 6 runs of Castrum whether you even take damage/die or not. Broken gear pretty much.
    (0)
    Last edited by TsiAileron; 09-03-2013 at 03:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cilia Maroth
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 42
    Easy fix stop whining level up your crafting and repair it yourself. It is then free if you take the time to get everything end of story and done deal. For those who aren't wanting to do this I see the mechanic working as intended.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kissanes Tsuga
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Dark matter deposits - disabled
    Funktion to repair the gear for other players - disabled

I realy hope it is just temporary but without the possibilty to farm dark matter repairing will be expensiv like hell. 450 Gill for one dark matter per slot. Makes over 5000 Gill for one repair. Second thing is you simply can't farm Gold/Gill in this game. You get abou 400 Gill for one mission at level 50 and about 60 Gill for one fade. NPCs dont drop sellable things and instances or chests give about 1k gill for one (!) player per dungeon. As it is now there will be a massiv deflation in some monthes. The only way to get money is to level tones of twinks. You get about 300k Gill till level 50 but thats it and with every wipe during a Garuda or Titan run you'll lose a big chunk of it.

I realy hope Square brings back the posibility to farm dark matter.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Beez Ilbub
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 38
    The choice to take away the ability to mine it is really disappointing. I realize they want gil sinks but I think they have gone a bit too far with it.
    (2)
    PSN Name: Beezilbub933 - Main Character: Beez ilbub - Goblin Server - www.waitingforotherplayers.com - The Covenant Knights
    A Casual gaming group and free company - Our goals: fun, respectful, helpful.

Player
    Character
    Enkidu Merton
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Easy fix stop whining level up your crafting and repair it yourself. It is then free if you take the time to get everything end of story and done deal. For those who aren't wanting to do this I see the mechanic working as intended.
    If you're going to be a dick, at least know what you're talking about first. Currently it's more expensive for crafters to repair gear than it is to have an NPC repair it. The only way to obtain Dark Matter is through NPC vendors and is much more cost prohibitive. It is not free.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast