Player
    Character
    Narshala Beaumont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50

Implement a TACKLEBOX for Fishers

This has irked me for quite a long time. As a mainjob fisher my inventory is all but crippled by the lures, rigs, baits and flies I need to carry. No other job (not even archer) has to carry as many items as a fisher to play their job to the fullest.

I think it is about time we get a tacklebox implemented in this game. Add a new tab to the inventory system called [Tacklebox], copy the crystal storing tab but allow this tab to only work with bait, lures, rigs, flies.

Change the stack sizes on these items to 999. If arrows can stack to 999 to help out archers I don't see why we fishers can't get our baits to stack like that as well, especially considering overall our items would take up less space based on sized, not to mention the large amount of lures we need to actually catch targeted fish properly to keep our customers happy.
    (10)

Player

I agree. Other games, *cough* Rift, had pouches implemented even in the beta. You bought a pouch and could fill it with a certain number of items. The pouch has a seperate inventory than the regular inventory list.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Moth Volka
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    It takes me a little while to go through just one stack, I don't see why you would need /that/ many! 5 stacks of freshwater bait and 5 stacks of saltwater usually keep me going for a while.
    (0)

Player

At R22 I started fishing again after a long break, and when I took it back up, I purchased 99 Choco Flys, and 99 Flaoting Minnows. These were my only lures upto R40, and I still have `70 of each left.

IMO there is little use/need for more then one saltwater, and one freshwater type of bait/lure.

Baskets are now coming into play, but still that is only max, 4 types of items needed, to do any fishing leve and grind SP, at a whim.

If you choose to rape your inventory with more, then that would seem your personal choice.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Stray Jackle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    I like to have a lot of different baits and lures on me when i fish, so i like this idea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Narshala Beaumont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Why do I carry alot of bait and lures? Because different fish bite better on different things. I am not playing a fisher to rank up, I am playing fisher to supply my customers. To do so I need to carry many bait types to efficiently pull up the fish they want.

Congratulations to those of you who are fine with carrying 4 types of bait or just using the basic stuff you can get off NPCs. Me, I have put a lot of time in effort gathering the materials to make or get made full stacks of every lure and bait (Except snurble flies). I like variety and adding in a tacklebox makes sense, not just from an inventory mangement/relief but for the job as well.

How many dedicated fishers out there in the real world go out without a tacklebox. Hell even part time fishers have tackleboxes as its always been a big part of fishing. Fishers should get a tacklebox and archers should get quivers.
    (0)

Player

While it would be nice to have a tacklebox, it does seem a bit excessive. For skilling up, as established, don't need a large variety, but even if you're targetting specific fish for whatever your needs are, that's still just one kind of bait. I typically just bring a saltwater and freshwater lure (about a dozen of each) and a stack or two of a specific bait if there's something I'm going for. If I'm trying to test what baits are popular with which fish I'll bring more, but that's a really limited use, and by the time they'd implement a tacklebox all that info will be fully documented.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Palidine Skyblade
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    WOW YES! I Would love to see either stak size adjusted or a seperate "tackle box"

No matter what job I am playing I carry my fishing gear with me , I love to target fish as well.
    I do fishing because I enjoy the downtime. and filling up my inventory with bait and lures doesnt leave much room for the Catches.
    (0)
    To Belive in the Heroic is what makes men Heroes.

Player

I understand those who just use freshwater lures and saltwater lures and that is it. However you are correct when you say that carrying and using different bait helps to get different fish to bite more. I lvl up my fisherman in order to get fish I need for my alchemist and my culinarian. If I use lures I end up with a radom assortment of fish that is mostly too low lvled for my crafting classes. Using bait changes this. If sp is all you need lures is your answer, however gathering classes should be about more then just sp. This idea of a tacklebox is a great idea. However there should be some challenge in order to get it such as reaching lvl 25 fisherman or something. Maybe the fisherman's guild can give it to you in the storyline. I think it should be an item that is unique the the fisherman and therefore should not be given to everyone.
    (0)

Player

I think the tacklebox idea is great.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast