Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ash Lambert
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 50
    I love the idea. Also, where is the dev tag for fishing???
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Narshala Beaumont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    DoL don't get tags, which kinda proves how low on the totem pole for changes we are.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ash Lambert
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidkidd View Post
    I love the idea. Also, where is the dev tag for fishing???
    Yeah I guess your right.
    (0)
    Last edited by Skidkidd; 03-12-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Player

Yeah tackle box would be tres win
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    I think the tacklebox is a great idea. An item that takes up one space of inventory that opens up to reveal more inside, obviously with a limit of say 4 stacks of bait or something like that?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Clarke Vion
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    tacklebox will be a wonderful addition
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ceska Zbrojovka
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLocksley View Post
    This idea of a tacklebox is a great idea. However there should be some challenge in order to get it such as reaching lvl 25 fisherman or something. Maybe the fisherman's guild can give it to you in the storyline. I think it should be an item that is unique the the fisherman and therefore should not be given to everyone.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

If the tackle box was an Inventory item that while in your inventory added and extra tab to your menu (Like crystals) for storage of Lures and Bait.
    As you rank up fisher you get better tackle boxes with more storage, first box 10 slots, second box awarded at rank 47-ish with 16/18 slots.
    You could even have the fisher quest story line explain how you get awarded the newer bigger box as reward for completing a quest.
    (EG: Giant Squid you hooked smashes your tackle box {items stored in box are not lost, as it's an upgrade of existing box} in it's escape)
    (0)
    Eorzea's "Okayest" Scholar

Player
    Character
    Narshala Beaumont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Oh I am all for working for your tackle box. I mean I have already worked my way to 50, any excuse for more quests/exploration/adventuring is great by me. Also being able to upgrade overtime is also fine. I just want a tacklebox period lol.
    (0)

Player

I agree as well, This is a great idea! I love getting the "Fish are really biting on <fish> Something big hits your line". Being able to have all the baits and lures on me would be Choice^^ I also think a separate tab for all your tools and weapons would be nice too..... but that is just wishful thinking. Not everyone is trying to do every job at once .... Would be nice to avoid retainer runs when in the field. Or better yet retainer stands at All the camps ... hmmmmmmmm lol :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aneas Corilius
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    I have been a long time fisherman, and have always loved being in control of the knowledge base needed to catch certain fish, always have the right bait, etc. Maybe for some of you fishing enthusiasts, these issues are very unimportant; but I know some of you take this trade very seriously.

Fishing is a state of being for some of us. I for one always carry multiple baits, because I enjoy being stacked for anything. Is it a matter choice? Of course it is. But the enjoyment comes from a trade that requires (quote, unquote) 'skill' in knowing where the best fish are, how to catch them and how to use them.

I love the tackle box idea as well. Of course for the inventory space, but more importantly to bring relevance to a craft that takes great pride in their skill and precision to catch what people need or want. I like the way SE has put a nice spin on crafting fish into shards, it's a nice addition. Would I do it even if that wasn't the reward? Damn right I would!

I've always loved fishing in FF11 and now in FF14. Ones that make it a trade for life know, there's nothing like being able to pop over to a pond after a leve or a grind to relax. Or to get some solo time away from all the fanboys telling you everything that is wrong with your class.

The quest idea is excellent. I would like to add one other thing:

I would like to be able to access your tackle box or even without in between casts so that I don't have to end the animation, go to my macro or inventory if the fish isn't biting on the bait I have equipped and change it. On the fly change of bait would rock. Thank you^^
    (0)

Aneas Corilius of Lindblum. I am at your service, kupo!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast