Player
    Character
    Duoaradus Kane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 15

Parties and experience sharing

I've been having this same issue every time I've partied up with somebody. What happens is it confirms that the party has been opened, and we're all good... but when one of us kills something, nobody gets any experience for it. I've logged off, reset, everything you can think of and this happens all the time without fail. We can swipe through ten, fifteen, twenty monsters and neither of us will show any change in our experience bar.

I hope this is a technical thing that perhaps I simply missed during the tutorial. If it is I'll be thankful because it happens every time without fail. If anyone knows of how I can fix this or if there's something that needs to be adjusted in the party settings I would certainly appreciate the help.

Thank you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Is one of your party members at too high a level for the enemies you're fighting? It's just like FFXI was before level sync was added - exp gained is determined by the party member with the highest level. If you have a level 50 player in your party and you're fighting level 5 mobs, then you're not going to gain any exp simply because the level 50 player is there (if I remember rightly the range for the most exp is around five -six levels between lowest and highest level in the party).

Also old style exp parties are not viable in FFXIV - you can still do it of course, but it's deliberately been made not to be as efficient as it was in FFXI. Instead you're meant to do FATEs, side quests, levequests and the Hunting Log for exp - 'content based' exp as Yoshi-P has termed it.
    (1)