Player
    Character
    Rogue Fuki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

For people who want to Nerf FATES

Ok so for people that want to Nerf Fates. Did you ever think about forming a party with about 6 people and just do some good old version exp grinding in a high level area.

That way people that want to do FATES can and there wouldn't be a problem. SE didn't intend FATES to be the way it has turned into it was supposed to be another way to exp grind when people get sick of trying to solo or do dungeons.

Also because it was so hard to get a chance to kill a NM in FF11. FATES in this game was away for everyone to get a chance to get in on the action imo.

So like i said instead of crying out NERF FATES on here. Find like minded people like your self and do some old school High Level MOB exp party grinding. In a area with high level mobs.
    (3)

Character
    Oktai Kahkol
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcanary View Post
    Snip

Only problem is there ARE no high level mobs. The highest level mob in the game aside from FATE and Dungeon Bosses are lvl 49-50. It's not at all like 1.0 where you could grab a group and go into the deepest reaches of Coerthas to grind lvl 70 mobs.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Harleen Quinzel
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Fates are also the only reliable source of Seals. So everyone has to end up doing fates at some point and those who don't want to grind in zergs have to go out into the most obscure locations to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravij View Post
    Only problem is there ARE no high level mobs. The highest level mob in the game aside from FATE and Dungeon Bosses are lvl 49-50. It's not at all like 1.0 where you could grab a group and go into the deepest reaches of Coerthas to grind lvl 70 mobs.
    This ^ and everything listed down below is my gripe with fates.

A better question would be why do people care if they get nerfed if they distribute that nerfed experience to other sources?:
    -Guildhests are useless after the first go through.
    -Battle leve quests are a waste of leve allowances due to how much exp you get for HQ craft turn ins combined with the fates giving so much.
    -Dungeons take too long to queue for on some classes due to the population grinding fates.
    -Getting a 6 man group in a time frame normally acceptable would take longer than queueing for dungeons due to the lack of duty finder.
    -There are loads of areas that are too crowded and some that are just plain empty because of fate grinding spots so leveling up in a small group that you just happen to run across isn't feasible. This means the normal fates that you would end up running across in unpopulated areas can end up being IMPOSSIBLE due to their mechanics requiring multiple people (notably bosses).
    -Quite often people will get dropped off at 50 with an extremely minimal grasp on not only their class but the game itself because they didn't have to go through all the dungeons/content designed to help teach people. If they do happen to stay with the game after hitting that wall the people they end up duty findering with need to put up with it which in my opinion isn't fair.

Fate grinding is just insidious to every other source of exp gain so when people DON'T want them to get nerfed it confuses me.

Edit: Forgot to mention that all that content that is getting completely rolled over by the zerg COULD potentially be fun but it really isn't and is instead felt as a grind. Had people in my friendslist say: "Man Fate grinding is so boring, these fates suck." not once did they consider that it might actually be a legit challenge/fun if you didn't have 50 people rolling through it. On top of that they are also viewing the fate grind as something they are forced to do which in reality isn't far from the truth.
    (10)
    Last edited by HarleenQuinzel; 10-18-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rain Arrows
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    FATES are necessary...I need to get Lancer to 34 for my final cross class ability and it sucks....it goes slow even with FATE grinding. If we didn't have the FATES the way they are now it would be literally unbearable. There are no changes that need to be made. I have not heard exactly what people want NERFED...what do these people want done???
    (1)

Server: BEHEMOTH
    FC: CASCADIA
    Playing since Beta phase 3

Player
    Character
    Harleen Quinzel
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikedizzy View Post
    FATES are necessary...I need to get Lancer to 34 for my final cross class ability and it sucks....it goes slow even with FATE grinding. If we didn't have the FATES the way they are now it would be literally unbearable. There are no changes that need to be made. I have not heard exactly what people want NERFED...what do these people want done???
    To me the fact that you find getting to level 34 WITH fate grinding slow is further proof that they need to be nerfed. That should be no more than 4 days worth of time alot less if you actually put a good amount of effort forth.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Conradus Leviathan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleenQuinzel View Post
    Fates are also the only reliable source of Seals.
    Well, except for GC leves. And the GC hunting log. And provisioning and supply missions (which alone can give you thousands of seals a day). Except for those, it's the only reliable source of Seals.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Belvedere Lamare
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradus View Post
    Well, except for GC leves. And the GC hunting log. And provisioning and supply missions (which alone can give you thousands of seals a day). Except for those, it's the only reliable source of Seals.
    Gc leves use allowances that can be used for crafting instead. Hunting log is temporary. Once it's done, you need to get seals elsewhere. Supply and provisioning missions take forever to reset in my experience. Think it's once a day. You'll need to level every craft in order to get a good amount of seals
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Conradus Leviathan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_wazzabi View Post
    Gc leves use allowances that can be used for crafting instead. Hunting log is temporary. Once it's done, you need to get seals elsewhere. Supply and provisioning missions take forever to reset in my experience. Think it's once a day. You'll need to level every craft in order to get a good amount of seals
    Less than you think. Levelling a class to just 10 to 15 will bring in a couple of hundred seals a day just for the supply/provisioning mission for that class. *And* you get exp. I've gained several levels in classes I'm not actively levelling just by turning in missions.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kamelia Aegis
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcanary View Post
    Ok so for people that want to Nerf Fates. Did you ever think about forming a party with about 6 people and just do some good old version exp grinding in a high level area.

That way people that want to do FATES can and there wouldn't be a problem. SE didn't intend FATES to be the way it has turned into it was supposed to be another way to exp grind when people get sick of trying to solo or do dungeons.

Also because it was so hard to get a chance to kill a NM in FF11. FATES in this game was away for everyone to get a chance to get in on the action imo.

So like i said instead of crying out NERF FATES on here. Find like minded people like your self and do some old school High Level MOB exp party grinding. In a area with high level mobs.
    No thanks, if I want to get a party together to do crap, I'll log into FFXI. I love that FFXIV is being more focused on solo so it doesn't become the pain the butt that ffxi is, even though ffxi is working towards becoming solo as well, it's largely solo now, but just not 100% (yet...) Why waste time getting groups together, that takes time and time is valuable. Just think of what I could have done with all the time I've spent waiting on parties in ffxi. With all the time wasted, I couldve gotten a few more degrees from online colleges instead of the countless hours waiting for 5 to 17 other people to do anything worthwhile on ffxi. Glad that crap is in the past and it doesn't have a place in modern MMOs. Content is the way to go, not busy work or giant time wasters like forming parties.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shirai N'yankoro
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    No, absolutely no.
    Nerfing fates is not the way to go.

As suggested in other places, boost dungeon exp instead. This will give people incentive to do more group play, aside from that keeps fates viable for people that prefer solo play as well as keeping it a source for activity and exp/company seals while waiting for the DF.
    (7)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast