Player
    Character
    Seiryn Trueheart
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Dark Devices - Exploitation

The FATE event Dark Devices is being used to effectively power level players by intentionally avoiding completing the objective and farming the endlessly spawning monsters that are not relevant to the completion of the FATE.

This can lead to many problems down the line if it is allowed to continue for one having a massive playerbase of all capped individuals will lead to several issues with content development rates and quality.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Rosalinde Moore
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    It's not just Dark Devices. There are a number of FATES which include a Boss and respawning mobs that can be exploited in that fashion.
    Easiest solution would be to exclude low levels from all exp gains from FATE monsters if their level is -5 levels lower than the FATE.
    (6)
    ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Player
    Character
    Seiryn Trueheart
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    That, or just make the endlessly spawning monsters worth nothing. I mean they are practically pointless other than an annoyance why reward this?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sir Milton
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    The worst part about this exploitative method of powerleveling is that players who complete Dark Devices in the proper manner, whether they are aware of the exploit or not, receive an exorbitant amount of aggressive, hateful messages from players participating in the exploit (sometimes even death threats, if reddit is to believed) and blacklisting these players is apparently common practice. It is poisoning the community. It needs to be hotfixed.
    (23)
    Last edited by SirMilton; 09-07-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Seiryn Trueheart
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Agreed, no player should be punished for playing properly. =/
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Xystel Unaki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJenn View Post
    Agreed, no player should be punished for playing properly. =/
    I have successfully ruined 20 or so Dark Devices fates while trying to spiritbond. Since I am 50 I don't get experience so if someone makes a fuss, I go and kill the lambs.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Tsuki Kiyoshi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    While I do agree that this exploitation is doing more harm than good, it's sadly the only choice we have at one point.

Eventually you'll run out of quests to do and will be left with nothing to do but FATE's, Dungeons or Leves and the former 2 give very poor experience for the time they take.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Xystel Unaki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by VidulaSaix View Post
    While I do agree that this exploitation is doing more harm than good, it's sadly the only choice we have at one point.

Eventually you'll run out of quests to do and will be left with nothing to do but FATE's, Dungeons or Leves and the former 2 give very poor experience for the time they take.
    Its not your only choice. It isn't like you are locked out of dungeons you are over-leveled for. What are you gonna do if FATE experience is nerfed?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Tsuki Kiyoshi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaki View Post
    Its not your only choice. It isn't like you are locked out of dungeons you are over-leveled for. What are you gonna do if FATE experience is nerfed?
    That's exactly my point. For the time that Dungeons take, the experience gain for the time requires just isn't worth it.

People are only grinding these FATE's because they're the only efficient method of gaining exp once you run out of quests.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Xystel Unaki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by VidulaSaix View Post
    That's exactly my point. For the time that Dungeons take, the experience gain for the time requires just isn't worth it.

People are only grinding these FATE's because they're the only efficient method of gaining exp once you run out of quests.
    To tell you the truth, level off FATEs all you want, if its fast levels for you then be my guest. You are the one who will be shunned and ridiculed because you only know how to cast Blizzard in Palace or Keep. That is how I feel about it, but back on topic, getting your panties in a wad over someone completing the objective and reporting them or issuing death threats is taking it too far.
    (10)

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast