Character
    Mayrissa Fablestay
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskai View Post
    And yet why do I see Paladins...
    And this would not change regardless of how they got to the level cap.

Every MMO, ever, has bad players. Most of them get to the cap playing normally. If you have people who fail at LFR in WoW then you're sure as heck going to have people who fail at Ifrit in this regardless of if they've been 50 for 5 seconds or 2 weeks. From my own linkshell I've seen Legacy players do a worse job on Ifrit than some Non-Legacy players. There will always be bad people, or people who just simply make mistakes.

And most of the time it's because no-one actually bothers explaining anything and just expects everyone in the group to know it all and have foresight a psychic would envy. There was this one time where just one guy in the group who explained everything at the start, said stack in party chat everytime people had to group up. No-one died that run and Ifrit died promptly.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Mysidia Baron
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskai View Post
    And yet why do I see Paladins consistently opening pulls with Provoke instead of Shield Lob, level 40 white quality spears in Garuda Hard Mode even though its the biggest damage race boss in the game and watching an entire party wipe because a Paladin missed a stun on Ifrit's eruption and the rest of the party just didn't feel like dodging the second and third explosions even though they're incredibly slow?
    You assume any of this is due to FATE leveling. Confirmation bias is a bad thing.

I'm also not surprised that the link to the developer calling this an exploit never materialized. That would be because it doesn't exist.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Seiryn Trueheart
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Well it hasn't "Materialized" for 2 main reasons, one I'm playing the game. Secondly i'm not all that interested in winning an argument over the internet. I didn't start this thread to fight over who has the bigger opinion, you disagree with me and enjoy using the power leveling that's cool but please try to keep it civil and at least productive without the use of direct attacks. So you like the idea of a grind based fate, instead of attacking people who try to do it the correct way try seeking addition fate types. Perhaps one with greater rewards for a higher number of monsters killed like a kill count threshold similar to the gathering leves score rating thing. =D
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ric Flair
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Leveling in this game is easy mode from 1-50, I don't see how players chaining fate mobs like this hurts anyone. If that's not your thing just run through the million other quests available to do or the 20 other fates. Some people like the journey to 50 , some people just want to cap asap and experience the "end game". I'm glad this speedy form of xp is available, I was getting tired of filling up buckets of water and arranging flower pots for npc's.
    (1)

Inqguild.net
    http://inq.cbhx.com/

Player
    Character
    Ysolde Shahrizai
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Did someone bug report it or report it in game?

Posting here will not get the exploit addressed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mysidia Baron
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJenn View Post
    Well it hasn't "Materialized" for 2 main reasons, one I'm playing the game. Secondly i'm not all that interested in winning an argument over the internet. (snip because the rest is just silly)
    You made a claim, I asked you to provide me with information you claimed, you couldn't and cannot provide it. That's because it does not exist. Your argument loses weight because of it. Everything else is your attempt to obscure the fact that no developer, at this time, has called the use of FATEs in this manner an exploit.

You have. Users have. The developers have not. Until then, it is not an exploit. It's just something you don't like.

I'm sorry people are choosing to play their game in a way you don't like.
    (8)

7. 09-11-2013 11:47 AM

Player
    Character
    Seiryn Trueheart
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    The rest is just silly? Really? I tried to discuss an alternative and interesting improvement for a fate designed for exactly the purpose you desire. And multi-boxing is an exploit many games have stated more than their share on it, however it is a profitable exploit so why take an official stance against it? Also, multi-boxing while goofy looking doesn't actually accomplish anything more than being an effective tool for goldsellers or people who really don't want to socialize. (Like that guy who completed every 25 man raid by himself) But like i said i made this post to discuss a way to address an issue and improve the fate system. If you have nothing to say other than looking for a way to continue your fight without anything constructive please just go on your way cainjw. On a final note, I like the Defend/Attack fate design would greatly like to see more of those implimented maybe more along the onslaught with a survival time limit could be really neat.

Also, i actually don't care that people use it. I begin to have a problem with it when people are receiving death threats for playing in a way that isn't to the grinders liking. It's a two way street, you can't get upset about them completing the fate if you want them to be okay with your grinding.
    (3)
    Last edited by CrimsonJenn; 09-11-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Meta Vahn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 59
    I like how im "blacklisted" by some random players for killing the lambs to complete the fate, good job blacklisting a competent healer/tank player just because i gave you XP faster, since no one knows how to do the exploit properly anyway
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Seiryn Trueheart
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    This thread is not about people having a problem with fate grinding you want the other one DaftPunk, this is about the intentional exploitation of a particular fate and the abuse that ensues because of it. Crying about others crying just makes you seem really petty. =/
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Laiyenu Rae
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Instead of crying about DD perhaps real exploits should be first?

http://youtu.be/Y7h8wzvga3o
    (1)

I'm the Bloodgaru Queen.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast