Player
    Character
    Darsch Everheart
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    Once upon a time it used to take years to level up, then it took months, then it took weeks. Now, today, it takes days and people still complain.....
    Tell me about it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphim Al'thor
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Actually, I do believe they nerfed it because of this part of the service agreement. 2.1 Cheating and Botting. You may not create or use any unauthorized cheats, bots, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software or hardware designed to modify the Game and gameplay. In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay. which is why on sept 9th they implemented this patch.... -Changes have been made to the behavior and mechanics of the enemies found within the “The Wanderer’s Palace” and “Amdapor Keep” dungeons to counteract instances of players running through the dungeon without engaging enemies on the way to bosses. As advancing through dungeons without defeating enemies is not an intended strategy, we plan to continue making further changes in the future to discourage this type of behavior.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphim Al'thor
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by davidwbean View Post
    SEE Above
    Honestly the only people who got the FATE nerfed are those who were doing it in the first place, sharing the fact with everyone, then got ignorant and greedy and began being verbally abusive to those who were trying to complete it as intended.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    White Cat
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    LOL
    Honestly I don't care if it exploit or not. What I care is that ppl spam me when I want to finish FATE asap.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luneth Gainsborough
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I am not sure if I have ever done Dark Devices, I am not sure where it is - but I have not seen people fighting in Shout so I guess I missed it somehow?

Anyway, until a Developer says that this is an actionable Exploit, then it simply is not something a player can complain about on those grounds. I can see why you could be upset about not getting to complete it, I can see how this might disrupt your levelling (but if you are grinding FATEs anyway I don't see why it matters which one it is). I understand how it has a negative impact, but you can't just say IT'S WRONG AND ANYONE WHO DOES THIS IS BAD AND /BLACKLIST.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luneth Gainsborough
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    What if people are participating and don't even know it? I just Tab+Bio and scroll through enemies without even looking. If the people around me were "exploiting" I would not notice until the timer ran out and we failed. So, would all the people around me /BL me simply for being in the group?

You say the people using this loophole are poisoning the community, but really, it seems like everybody who is riding on their high-horse and trying to control how other people play are just as guilty - if not MORE- because they advise others to /BL and there are very real consequences for the community as a whole as a result.

Good luck using the dungeon finder when someone in your party has a bunch of people /BL you won't be able to have them in your group and you will have to wait that much longer. All you are doing is hurting yourself in this regard.

Leave the judgments and punishments to the developers. Your $15/month is no more valuable than anyone else's.
    (0)

Character
    Of Id
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJenn View Post
    The FATE event Dark Devices is being used to effectively power level players...
    I thought the mobs were supposed to act as a decoy... like you would kill the followers and wonder "why isnt the fate progressing?" and then later realize it was the lambs that needed to die.

Regardless of that, i think youre totally wrong about this. People would do better to power level by doing fates than dark devices, considering it only pops once every 30-60 minutes and lasts 15 minutes. The most xp you can net is roughly 200k, and thats if you have an all aoe group, and youre not competing with another group. When other groups are there you cant get nearly as much xp. Not to mention, you can literally get all jobs to 50 on your own in less than 2 weeks if you play 12-16 hrs a day.

I also don't believe you really know how this could impact the game. It's easier to level than most games, so the model is built to handle people meeting the cap faster.
    (0)

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28