Player
    Character
    Lodovico Rivers
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80

Myth tomb cap should be per job

Saw somebody mention that on a site and I completely agree with that. Each job should be able to get their own myth tomes. This would encourage people to play with all jobs rather than just sticking to one job for endgame.
    (66)

Player
    Character
    Lakota Pride
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    As long as other jobs/classes cannot use the tomes , i agree , that should also apply to GC seals then etc etc.. not likely ever gonna happen
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Razu Erisu
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Myth tomb cap should not be.
    (27)

Player
    Character
    Kyp Halcyon
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    While we are on the topic of lockouts, I would love to be able to tank for other coil groups even if I was locked out of rolling on loot after the first run through in the week
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Mayrissa Fablestay
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I kinda agree that it should be on a per job basis considering how small the cap is. It seems to be adopting WoW's Valor Points approach but the difference between XIV and WoW is on WoW you did different classes on different characters. So even when you'd hit your caps on one character for the week, if you were so inclined you could do it on another. XIV, however, actively encourages you to do everything on the same character for the cross-class abilities etc - splitting myth into a per job currency with it's own cap would ease the otherwise ludicrously lengthy time sink that the myth grind currently is.

However, considering there's no discussion beyond adding new wings to Crystal Tower and Binding Coil each alternating patch I imagine that Crystal Tower will eventually become more efficient for gearing sub-jobs up. It's early days yet and I want to see the lay of the land once we have a clearer idea of the loot quality of Crystal Tower, Extreme Mode Primals and the new dungeons etc.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Valado Vulado
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I agree that the caps are ridiculous, especially for anyone wanting to raise up more than 1 job and gear it within a year.

But, the cap is probably in place as a means to force a certain pacing to prevent powergamers from getting the best gear within a month or two, losing interest, and leaving.

Not sure if they're intending it to only be this restrictive until the start rolling out more content, relaxing the cap and adding higher tiers/sidegrades as they go; or if they're using it as a means of drawing out game content so that it will take a minimum of 3-4 years of constant grinding to gear out every current job (8-10 for all the jobs planned). Given the projected 10 year life-cycle that was mentioned, I hope it wasn't taken literally.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rurod Arkdale
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Myth should not be hard capped.

It should be soft capped, but once the player hit the cap, the myth drop will be reduced heavily. And if you don't claim any myth on the current week it should accumulate towards the next week.

it sucks when you have a week vacation, then you lost your weekly myth ration
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Ranak Eevan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I support this idea. What is the point in being able to play every class on a single character if you can only gear one DoW/DoM job properly?
    Sometimes I really don't grasp where Square Enix is trying to go with this game.

300 myth cap per class, yes please.
    (9)
    There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Character
    Lygrin Noban
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    cap shouldnt even be 300, raise it to at least 500
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World