Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mars Phoenix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80

Combat still too slow. We need a shorter Global Cooldown!

So, im sure im not the only one that noticed this, but the global cooldown at 2.5 seconds is just too long. The combat is too slow, even with the abilities off the global. The Pace is way too slow.

I know the justification for this was so players would have more time to make their decisions, but this is a great underestimation of your player base abilities. Most of us have been playing MMO's for years now with global cooldowns of 1.5 seconds or less and a combat that flows is better than one that assumes you are too slow deciding what you need to do when you're going through your rotation for the gazilionth time.
    Of course, i understand that things like the TP regen rate would have to be readjusted, maybe HP pools readjusted and that the skill speed stat is in the game. Sadly though, the skill speed stat doesnt do nearly enough to make a dent on this problem, besides not solving the issue to lower level players.
    (41)

Player
    Character
    Pocket Hockey
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    You have some serious ADD issues... You couldn't possibly have handled XI, you had to wait for 100tp to be granted before you could use an ability. This isn't tekken where you're mashing buttons, it's supposed to be methodical and paced. What's the rush to jam more buttons?
    (269)
    http://www.pocket-hockey.com <-My ffxiv adventure!

Now with nVidia Surround!!!
    MicroATX Desktop - i7 950 - 12gb ram - 2x GTX580
    2x Intel 520 180gb SSD's in Raid0 - 3x 28" LCD @ 5760x1200

Player
    Character
    Moods Skyfury
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Some of us actually like the way the combat is, ofcourse I respect everyones right to their oppinion, just thought I would say i prefer it the way it is.
    (125)

Player
    Character
    Oda Stillwind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I love the current pacing of combat.
    (77)

Character
    Nica Valca
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Combat still too slow for me. I want a shorter Global Cooldown!
    Fixed.

Please do not presume to speak for me.
    (81)

Player
    Character
    Roy Hildenbrand
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I don't like certain skills sharing GCD or not being able to pop certain abilities that have short durations but complement each other due to the animations. But for the most part the combat is pretty quick, a little too quick for my tastes. I can never type anything because I always have another skill to hit for my combos, or a stun to do.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Kanzer Vardel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Disagree, learn to weave in your abilities not tied to the GCD at the right times and you'll find you'll mostly always have something to be pressing. I actually like how it is a lot, feels more Final Fantasy.

Edit: As a side note, when's the last time you played an MMO with such detailed and fleshed out combat animations? I like being able to watch them instead of staring at my hotbar.
    (35)
    Last edited by Kanzer; 09-06-2013 at 02:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fay Yuzuriha
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    It's fine like it is Thanks
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Az Gardey
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 71
    Trust me, when you'll get to end-game, you'll thank god you actually have a 2.5 GCD. Also, tried playing a MRD ? Mine is only lvl 18 and I mash buttons like crazy.

In this game, you actually need to pay attention to what's happening. I've been playing MMOs for more than 10 years. I know exactly what you mean by "a shorter GCD". I was actually like you when I first started playing. But then, I started leveling, I gave the game a chance. And I've been very surprised !

And if you want shorter GCD, just roll a PGL/MNK. You will mash buttons.
    (17)

Character
    Scerick Aetherstorm
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I like the current flow of combat. Please don't presume to speak for everyone
    (19)

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast