Character
    Ewol Wewin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 38

Scholar & Stats : Oo ?

Hi,

I 've unlock my scholar job a couple days ago and I'm so confuse by the stats of the class. Maybe some of you can enlight me a bit on that spécific topic...

So, as an Arcanist, a class that we can consider as a lesser version of a Summoner, you are a DPS. From here, you want to stack intell. And that the case until your level 30.

At that point, you can, if you want to, choose between 2 jobs ( I personnaly choose to do both ) : Scholar (supposed to be healer/support) ou Summoner (dps). With the Summoner job, no problem what so ever, you continue to stack intell.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ewol Wewin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 38
    With Scholar, as a healer, you want to stack mind and here start the head heck.
    First, if until your lvl 30 you have stacked intell, you have to spend 10k "tickets" from your faction to reset them.
    Second, from what i know, you can't find a weapon with some mind on it, you are stuck with the intell ones...
    Third, you passive trait, enh intell, is so useless as a scholar.
    Having some intell isn't so bad, cause you can still do some domage, but this is not what you're aiming for ...

To me, it feels just like a huge waste of stats.
    (1)
    Last edited by IwolWewin; 09-06-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ewol Wewin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 38
    The buff "Cleric stance" is so useless to the scholar to. It shoud have worked the other way : Still swap int/mnd but give a boost to the heals, and a nerf to the domage . ( Of course basic heals as arcanist have to be nerf if the buff works that way, but its not a big issue as you cant tag as a healer anyway...) . Like this, Arcanist still go for intel, that works well for the summoner, the scholar, the weapons,and the passive. The scholar just have to have the buff on when he want to perfom well as a healer, and off to be a support...

Is that solution is not the logical one ? And how it should be ? Or am I missing something ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ruprect Castiect
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    This is beating a dead horse but,

I agree it is stupid how they have ACN/SUM/SCH classes set up as far as stat points go. When you are leveling your ACN and you are going to be a SCH you have to put all of your points in MND which severly gimps your ACN for leveling, much moreso than at 30+. In the end though those 30 points are a drop in the bucket and there is no reason unless you are a min/maxer that you cannot split your points 15 mnd/15 int so you can switch freely between SUM or SCH. I am going to do it as soon as I get enough GC tokens. The other thing SE could do is make it so that when you take a job it resets your pts for the job just like for classes. That way you can reallocate your pts for the job and it will save those pts to the job just like it does for clases.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Harleen Quinzel
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I would like to see them give us our own cleric stance variant so we can stack our points into intelligence and swap it with the cleric stance. I would be doing that now but the conjurer stance reduces healing output by 10%.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ewol Wewin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 38
    At last, i manage to find a crappy grimoire with some mind on it, but that does not change the matter for the passive, the stance etc ...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiros Forsa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Just popping in about mnd books. Sch/mnd books are sold by GC for 1, and secondly pure heal sch books are in game outside of GC too, for example I recieved Ars Notoria from Stone Vigil. It is like +11~14 vit, +15~16 mnd, crit+11, and spell speed+
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiros Forsa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmbei View Post
    Just popping in about mnd books. Sch/mnd books are sold by GC for 1, and secondly pure heal sch books are in game outside of GC too, for example I recieved Ars Notoria from Stone Vigil. It is like +11~14 vit, +15~16 mnd, crit+11, and spell speed+
    Lol sorry messed up those stats something horrid, havent looked at it in 2 days and no phone editing it seems.... http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Ars_Notoria
    (0)