Player
    Character
    Penny Lane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Vanya vs. Darklight vs. AF2?

Just wondering if anyone had done any comparing for the healing jobs to see if vanya especially is woth the 9 potash (125 tombstones each x 9 = 1125) needed to make the silk. Also do we have the stats on the AF2 to compare yet?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    The way I see it, it's...

Darklight first. While you're getting tomestones of mythology for Artifact +1, you can use your excess philosophy to buy ingredients for Vanya. Give it to a trusted crafter, go for the HQ. HQ version of the Vanya with materia looks statistically better than Darklight, but statistically worse than AF+1.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70

Basically: ONLY go for Vanya with the intent of HQing the entire set. Vanya and Darklight are equal if you slot the Vanya
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post

Basically: ONLY go for Vanya with the intent of HQing the entire set. Vanya and Darklight are equal if you slot the Vanya
    The DL body is under no circumstances a good option.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kurumu Kurono
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    It is really interesting that you bring this up as it is something I have been doing some research on the past couple of days. The two sets differ actually in stat optimization and you have to ask yourself what is more important to you or the class as a whole. The Darklight set does not have any spell speed on it but has determination, the vanya set does not have the determination BUT IS meldable. So ultimately even a NQ set of vanya you could push out more stat optimization than a Darklight set of gear.

Cowls in my opinion are never a good thing, especially if it is a meldable piece of gear. You are losing potentially 10 materia slots by chosing that piece of armor. I think once some more theory crafting is done and we know what levels of spell speed/determination/MND to hit before heavy diminishing returns (I am starting to believe there is some after having spell speed on every piece of gear) we will have a better idea of what to go for.
    (3)

"It's strange, isn't it? I'd thought that living for love was everything to me and yet...... that's why I won't let anyone say those feelings are fake."

Player
    Character
    Kurumu Kurono
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Kurumu Kurono (WHM Gear)

Also, NintenPyjak64 keep in mind that the new astral jewlery is not optimized (in my opinion) for healers, it is a damn good set if you are trying to push out some extra DPS as a healer, but it is more optimal for a ACN/THM/SMN/BLM. I use the Darklight jewlery for this reason.

The ilevel 90 AF+1 and drops from the Binding Coil of Bahamut will of course outclass any of this above mentioned gear (though its debatable a HQ Penta melded set of Vanya might outclass even some pieces of the ilevel 90 gear)
    (1)

"It's strange, isn't it? I'd thought that living for love was everything to me and yet...... that's why I won't let anyone say those feelings are fake."

Player
    Character
    Alkimi Asura
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    The DL body is under no circumstances a good option.
    If you look at the stats when compared to 2 pieces it's still a good choice for how easy it is to grind out, better than any sub lv70 gear and on par with NQ Vanya set no matter how much materia of questionable usefulness you can cram onto it. It's all a matter of stat caps and D/L body has VIT/MND/PIE/DET, the 4 useful ones.

HQ Vanya head/body combination is better (once melded) but it's expensive atm and difficult to make.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alkimi; 09-06-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kurumu Kurono
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    If you look at the stats when compared to 2 pieces it's still a good choice for how easy it is to grind out, better than any sub lv70 gear and on par with NQ Vanya set no matter how much materia of questionable usefulness you can cram onto it. It's all a matter of stat caps and D/L body has VIT/MND/PIE/DET, the 4 useful ones.

HQ Vanya head/body combination is better (once melded) but it's expensive atm and difficult to make.
    You lose out on two items that can have spell speed, PIE is a questionable stat, which you can meld into vanya if you really wanted it. The Darklight Cowl comes out 6 vitality higher and 4 mind higher, which you can easily pick up in the 4th or 5th meld with tier 2 matiera, yet you will end up with a tremendous amount of spell speed, crit and comparable determination.

I would say save the 1300 some Tomestones and just live in strategos gear (ilevel 60 Amdapor Keep drops) until you can make your NQ/HQ Vanya/Rose Gold Circlet
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Bauchelain Md
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Any chance of you guys posting separate items for SCH also ?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Penny Lane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Great responses! Exactly what I was looking for. I'm pretty iffy myself on using DL body. Especially when I start getting AF2 pieces and would have to choose between cowl or 1 piece of AF2 + a less useful piece.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast