Player
    Character
    Healer Malphas
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Question about stat points

I wonder since I am healer, shoul I toss all my 30 points to Mind, or there is some diminishing returns or whathever thing that would be best to put some points into another stat?
    Not sure about this... And since the stats reset item is 10k of seals, its best to be iformed about the case.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hadelyn Moon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 45
    Quote Originally Posted by Salazar00 View Post
    I wonder since I am healer, shoul I toss all my 30 points to Mind, or there is some diminishing returns or whathever thing that would be best to put some points into another stat?
    Not sure about this... And since the stats reset item is 10k of seals, its best to be iformed about the case.
    I've been putting mine into Piety, which has really increased my mp...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    Hi Salazar,

For Mind, I have not found any diminishing returns on healing yet.

I think the three candidates for White Mage may be: Mind, Piety, and Vitality (not necessarily in that order).

If you find that you are getting hit often, the Vitality (whether gear or alloted) may give you some breathing room / more opportunities to practice / avoid attacks. And as you get confident, you may find that you want to respec toward bonus healing/bonus damage via Mind.

Depending on job, party make up (Bard with Mage's Ballad), playstyle (healing, idle with lots of MP on standby), and the number of incidents that occur (getting hit by avoidables, needing to Raise, etc.), you may or may not benefit from Piety.
    (1)
    Last edited by Fiosha_Maureiba; 10-02-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ire Valkyr
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Salazar00 View Post
    I think there are other threads on this but a majority if not all your points should be in mind. Some put a few in piety or vitality for preference.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rheon Aether
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Keep your 30 points on Mind. It increases your healing output, and therefore saves you mana.
    The mana you get from piety is laughable and you have no mana problems managing your aetherflows. On the offchance that you do, a bard will get you back up.
    There's no moves that you cannot avoid that will kill you, so vitality is pointless.
    Even if you do put points into vitality, getting hit by avoidable moves will probably still kill you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kyreanna Galamonte
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I follow a general rule for stats, and so far it's worked like a charm.

No matter what class you play, always allocate your points to the stat that improves the POWER of your abilities.

i.e. Strength for melee/tanks, Dex for ranged, Intelligence for Mages, and Mind for heals.

Even before you throw the bonus points at them, these are the stats that will have the highest value to each class. With such a long GCD to deal with, it's vital that your abilities pack as much of a punch as possible each time you use them.

For Vitality/Piety, I can't see any reason to place points here. But for the sake of this thread I'll keep my reason specifically for healers. At level cap, you have at minimum 4k MP and abilities/items that can regenerate it to some great effect. If you're running out at any point before the fight is almost done, you're either overhealing or dealing with people that don't know how to avoid the AoE.
    (0)
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

There are 2 other kinds of people in this world.
    Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data...

Player
    Character
    Alicen White
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    ^Which is usually the latter
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flain Fenrir
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    So for a wannabe Scholar do you need to gimp your Arcanist with Mind attributes up to 30 to be an effective Scholar-healer? Seems backwards as INT is the default choice for ACN (unless I'm missing something!!).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nesshin'na Reyn
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by slakyak View Post
    So for a wannabe Scholar do you need to gimp your Arcanist with Mind attributes up to 30 to be an effective Scholar-healer? Seems backwards as INT is the default choice for ACN (unless I'm missing something!!).
    Yep, unless you want to cough up the 10k seals to change it after you get your job. It sucks. But on the plus side, you get absolutely no healing experience until level 30, which is right about the point where the dungeons go "Okay, you've had 15 levels of playtime experience, now it's time to get serious and ramp up the difficulty!"

... wait that's not a plus side. Truly, Scholars are for the patient, heh. I would suggest questing with a friend; I would have been tearing my hair out those first 30 levels if I hadn't had a Maurader to do most of the killing and just DoT things and occasionally heal him.
    (1)