Character
    Pande Monium
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50

Quick Synthesis : Next to useless

Dear SE,

Thank you for introducing the idea of "Quick Synthesis" - The concept is wonderful, and will help many of us crafters out in the future. However, can you please make it less rubbish.

Quick Synthesis will most often be used by crafters who have to knock out a large batch of lower level materials, to be able to craft either more materials, or maybe another item.

Some examples:

Cinnibar > Quick Silver

Muddy Water > Distilled water > [Food/Alchemy]

[ore] > [ingot] > [Plate/Rings]

And so on...

This one click, and come back in 5 minutes is wonderful. Please make it suck less.

The 90% success rate, regardless of level and equipment is just annoying. As a high level crafter, if I wanted to convert a stack or 3 of Ore to ingots, I could have a 110% success rate if i do it manually, and at about the same speed as quick synthesis. Even if I just used "Basic Synthesis" (90% Success) for the 40/40 duration, that would give me a 99.99% success rate. The only difference is I have to click on one extra button and be at the keyboard to click it.

Quick synthesis already gives half the exp, why does it also have to have a 10% penalty on success? This feature is supposed be something that helps crafters, not a feature that is actually more filled with disincentives than benefits.

I know what you are thinking "But you have a chance to HQ items". That we do, but we just don't care. If we really wanted to HQ these items we are making in bulk, we would take the extra 2 seconds to do it manually, and give it a HQ rating worth trying for.

So please, keep the 50% exp rate, I don't even care about the HQ rate, scrap it if it makes you feel better - but please make the efficiency of Quick Synthesis 100% - otherwise it is just not worth our time, and you will see people using mouse recorders or other 3rd part macros to just do it manually for them.
    (19)
    Last edited by Pandemonium; 09-05-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Character Limit
    Common Sense is a language most misunderstood on the continent of the MMOForum