Character
    Pande Monium
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50

Quick Synthesis : Next to useless

Dear SE,

Thank you for introducing the idea of "Quick Synthesis" - The concept is wonderful, and will help many of us crafters out in the future. However, can you please make it less rubbish.

Quick Synthesis will most often be used by crafters who have to knock out a large batch of lower level materials, to be able to craft either more materials, or maybe another item.

Some examples:

Cinnibar > Quick Silver

Muddy Water > Distilled water > [Food/Alchemy]

[ore] > [ingot] > [Plate/Rings]

And so on...

This one click, and come back in 5 minutes is wonderful. Please make it suck less.

The 90% success rate, regardless of level and equipment is just annoying. As a high level crafter, if I wanted to convert a stack or 3 of Ore to ingots, I could have a 110% success rate if i do it manually, and at about the same speed as quick synthesis. Even if I just used "Basic Synthesis" (90% Success) for the 40/40 duration, that would give me a 99.99% success rate. The only difference is I have to click on one extra button and be at the keyboard to click it.

Quick synthesis already gives half the exp, why does it also have to have a 10% penalty on success? This feature is supposed be something that helps crafters, not a feature that is actually more filled with disincentives than benefits.

I know what you are thinking "But you have a chance to HQ items". That we do, but we just don't care. If we really wanted to HQ these items we are making in bulk, we would take the extra 2 seconds to do it manually, and give it a HQ rating worth trying for.

So please, keep the 50% exp rate, I don't even care about the HQ rate, scrap it if it makes you feel better - but please make the efficiency of Quick Synthesis 100% - otherwise it is just not worth our time, and you will see people using mouse recorders or other 3rd part macros to just do it manually for them.
    (19)
    Last edited by Pandemonium; 09-05-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Character Limit
    Common Sense is a language most misunderstood on the continent of the MMOForum

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    The feature would make more sense if each item required a set amount of craftsmanship for quick synthesis, once the player had the required stats the quick synth button would unlock and they could craft that item with a 100% success rate.

I would take quick synthesis away from being used on finished items and only allow it on materials also.

Right now I can spam Careful Synthesis and get 100% success rate, granted I have to stay at my PC and its extremely tedious but it won't be long before 3rd party programs take advantage of this.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jinko; 09-05-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I just churned out 50 Linen Threads while getting ready for work. The failure rate is nowhere near 10%; it's probably closer to 1~2%. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    ... granted I have to stay at my PC and its extremely tedious...
    This is exactly is why Quick Synthesis exists.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I just churned out 50 Linen Threads while getting ready for work. The failure rate is nowhere near 10%; it's probably closer to 1~2%. I love it.
    I have quick synthed 100 items and had no failures and other times I have crafted 30 items and had 5 failures.

Hard to say where the failure percentage is.

Perhaps but I don't see why we can't have a 100% success if we have the correct stats/gear.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Amardis Amariyo
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    well, i couldn't care less for the success rate if the "quick" really meant quick
    because i can craft it faster via normal synthesis :P
    i always just record macro like 0,0, steady hands, craft, delay
    and doesn't loose a single item, the delay between two crafts during "quick" synthesis
    is just tooooooooo looooooooooong, the bloody moko grass>yarn>cloth almost killed me yesterday :P

i would redesign it completely, like set materials for 20 or so items and craft it like always in one go
    the chance for HQ items could be changed to something like
    if you get quality to 100% you will get 10% of items in HQ
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pande Monium
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    ... granted I have to stay at my PC and its extremely tedious but it won't be long before 3rd party programs take advantage of this.

This is exactly why a 3rd party program will soon be used to replace quick synthesis. Which is why SE should realise that it is flawed, and therefore, change it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leeloominai Dallas
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Personally I use it just for stuff such as: I am going to work, and I'm going to turn in a bunch of leves when I get home, so I set it to make a ridiculous number in the couple hundreds before I leave and when I arrive home, I have mats to use right away for my careful crafts when I have more time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Camisado Cronqvist
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I agree that Quick Synthesis needs to be changed and I think Jinko has the right idea, it would be similar to how the gatherers need at least a certain amount of perception to be able to gather HQ materials.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bovice Cheesecake
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    You guys are missing the boat on quick synth. Think harder. Bov's daily hint special!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ara Hoshizora
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    It has it's uses, for example; I want to make a few HQ Pastry Fish. My culinarian is 50 and has so much control that I can HQ with normal materials.

However, there's no Pie Dough on the market place/it's ridiculously overpriced. Great so I gotta make it myself.

Since I don't care if the dough is HQ or not I'll just grab some mats and throw on quick synthesis.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast