Player
    Character
    Shirai N'yankoro
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by moudoka View Post
    What I fail to grasp, is why they can't shut down the sites. Obviously they are violating the TOS, and EULA with Square Enix, by using bots, and farming gil, only to be resold in microtransactions, which, to my knowledge, should be illegal if they do not have SE's permission to do so. So, crashing the sites and suing the people running them, in theory, should be the way to go. Not to mention completely banning the IPs they are logging in from. Yet, the bots continue to spam, spam spam, with little to no letup. Strange no?
    The thing is, most of those sites are hosted in countries where SE nor its daughter companies have any kind of legal power.
    Aside from that, even if SE is succesful in shutting down a site the site owners will simply move to a different host and set up shop again.
    (0)
    Felis catus

Player
    Character
    Hans Strebor
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Dealing with the Gil Sellers

Several ways square could handle this, the current way is banning accounts/characters. In all honesty that kind of works but as we have all seen the seller just deletes that account and creates another one at very little cost, a month in the game is what 12.99 for entry or 14.99 for standard for the first month. Also was hearing about a special on steam for a while something like $5 for a 30 day subscription. Either way it really isn't costing the gil sellers any major income to delete and create another account or character. Especially if the banning seems to only happen once a month. So for 14.99 they can create a character on 40 worlds. From this stand point square is loosing the battle. Even if they ban 1000 accounts a month that isn't deterring the gil sellers from creating another account.

A few other methods would be to reduce the number of worlds that you can create characters on to say 3. I mean honestly how many real players need 40 characters on 40 different worlds? Most really players have at most 3 to 5 characters max, usually or 3 on a world. So you could say 3 characters max per world rather then 8, and say 5 separate worlds max. So for a total max of say 15 characters. Being that when you ban an account you ban all characters associated to that account. It isn't profitable to have multiple characters on the same server for the gil seller. Its more productive from an advertisement stand point to have multiple accounts on multiple worlds. By limiting the number of worlds an account could have. It will limit the number of gil sellers because it would be more of an investment on their part. Also it would generate more revenue for Square.

Another method that could be changed to the banning process. Would be rather then ban accounts, ban activation keys. So not only would the gil seller have to invest in the 14.99 per account per month. They would have to invest 29.99 for another activation code. This may impact number of codes for players but I believe that the 3.8797312*10^27 codes that are potentially available with the current registration code system yes thats 3,879,731,200,000,000,000,000,000,000 registration codes that could be potentially available at one time. The banning of registration codes shouldn't have an impact on player sales. Not to mention at $29.99 USD thats roughly around $1.16353138688*10^29 so big time potential money maker for Square.

Only other way to remove gil sellers is so some how set up the coding to prevent 3rd party bots but then again that has been a fight since the beginning of online gaming.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kawar Proudly
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 14
    Quote Originally Posted by FlorinTinytoes View Post
    I'm on the japan realm hades, I didn't exactly know how to register this complaint. So basically a character named Willelm Beak shouting in La Noscea is trying to advertise spamming for gold sales and its flooding the chat constantly. The site he is spamming is mmoaa.com. This kind of thing drives me nuts. Plus the spamming is really annoying.
    Sadly the only thing you can do is what we people of 11 did when they tryed to take us over.Report them and if you see like 4 people with different names write them down and send a bluk report to a gm.trust me look on google se took legal action on the big one that was on 11.it is now back but not as strong as it was so it is just a pain(not a realy problem) now is all.

Quote Originally Posted by pdillard View Post
    Several ways square could handle this, the current way is banning accounts/characters. In all honesty that kind of works but as we have all seen the seller just deletes that account and creates another one at very little cost, a month in the game is what 12.99 for entry or 14.99 for standard for the first month. Also was hearing about a special on steam for a while something like $5 for a 30 day subscription. Either way it really isn't costing the gil sellers any major income to delete and create another account or character. Especially if the banning seems to only happen once a month. So for 14.99 they can create a character on 40 worlds. From this stand point square is loosing the battle. Even if they ban 1000 accounts a month that isn't deterring the gil sellers from creating another account.

A few other methods would be to reduce the number of worlds that you can create characters on to say 3. I mean honestly how many real players need 40 characters on 40 different worlds? Most really players have at most 3 to 5 characters max, usually or 3 on a world. So you could say 3 characters max per world rather then 8, and say 5 separate worlds max. So for a total max of say 15 characters. Being that when you ban an account you ban all characters associated to that account. It isn't profitable to have multiple characters on the same server for the gil seller. Its more productive from an advertisement stand point to have multiple accounts on multiple worlds. By limiting the number of worlds an account could have. It will limit the number of gil sellers because it would be more of an investment on their part. Also it would generate more revenue for Square.

Another method that could be changed to the banning process. Would be rather then ban accounts, ban activation keys. So not only would the gil seller have to invest in the 14.99 per account per month. They would have to invest 29.99 for another activation code. This may impact number of codes for players but I believe that the 3.8797312*10^27 codes that are potentially available with the current registration code system yes thats 3,879,731,200,000,000,000,000,000,000 registration codes that could be potentially available at one time. The banning of registration codes shouldn't have an impact on player sales. Not to mention at $29.99 USD thats roughly around $1.16353138688*10^29 so big time potential money maker for Square.

Only other way to remove gil sellers is so some how set up the coding to prevent 3rd party bots but then again that has been a fight since the beginning of online gaming.
    I must say the only way they are really going to weaken the RMTs is just take legal action on them again and let the law work it out.It worked really well on 11 like i said i see 1 tell every few weeks now so it is just easy to report them now and go on with my day.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kawar; 04-17-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Monkey Error
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 62
    I know this is a re-hashed issue, but please, allow us to have an easier way to report spammers (I'm on PS4, and this is nearly impossible to accomplish). I'm on Jenova, a new server, and even during beta I was receiving "services". Please allow it to be easier to report, and have someone investigate multiple reports against a single account, in an X amount of time. Also, make any reports of spammers go to their own black list. I'm a new character, on a new server, and I'm almost full on my black list of spammers. Devs, please take this seriously.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Smoo Mothchaser
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Spamming could be a lot harder. WHY IS IT NOT HARDER?

I generally get tells. I can infer that these people send a LOT of tells- they open player finder, look for people (lvl 50 usually) and go nuts.

MAKE THIS HARDER. After 5 blacklists (blacklists from clicking the tell message, you can't just get your FC to mute someone) from a level 1 character, remove the ability to tell until a GM reviews them. DONE.

And put a limit in- 5 shouts in 60 seconds. If more than... 5? 10? people in the zone blacklist your message, AUTOMUTE until GM review!

Why is this not a thing?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wire Grind
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 46
    I blacklist the "tell spammers" and later report everyone in the list using the support desk.
    During April I had to blacklist only 1 spammer, March was hell, though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Smoo Mothchaser
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey404error View Post
    I know this is a re-hashed issue, but please, allow us to have an easier way to report spammers (I'm on PS4, and this is nearly impossible to accomplish). I'm on Jenova, a new server, and even during beta I was receiving "services". Please allow it to be easier to report, and have someone investigate multiple reports against a single account, in an X amount of time. Also, make any reports of spammers go to their own black list. I'm a new character, on a new server, and I'm almost full on my black list of spammers. Devs, please take this seriously.
    Don't worry about "re-hashed". The problem is that it's an ignored issue. Make noise if you don't like it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tocsin Wolndara
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I'm probably in the minority here, but being an EVE veteran, I like the idea of game time being sellable for gil. it keeps a gil standard, balances the economy, and if someone wants more in game money, they have to pay for it. SE wins, Gil can only buy so much so hardcores win, and the player selling wins. plus the person too poor to buy game time IRL wins, because he has a way of funding his account.

The only losers of this situation are RMT vendors, because SE just took all of their business.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ifalna Sha'yoko
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    RMT spam in this game is absurd.

SE, what I need is a simple "ignore by level" function.
    Since most whisper spammers are lv 1, a simple "ignore everything below lv 10" setting should provide some quiet.

In wow I use the addon WIM to do that, but in this game it seems that I'm screwed because no addons here.

Oh I forgot: RESTRICT THE FRIEND INVITES! It's ridiculous that I have to use like 7 clicks to remove a gil sellers friend invite and block him.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kento Kuroko
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    I just recently joined the game and to be honest,I wasn't that much frustrated from all the gil sellers spamming that was going on.I'm more frustrated because of the impact it has on the economy of the game.I hadn't realised how bad things were until the last update,that released personal housing.In three days,there were all sorts of people buying up houses like they are nothing.Now I know that there are some people that have been playing for a long time and have the amount of gil to actually buy houses on their own,but I have seen some obvious gil buyers,such as people/Free Companies that I've seen starting in the game two-three weeks ago having large personal housing or multiple Free Company houses.Also,I have been farming botany gatherings for two weeks now,seeing bots running around at almost every node area,consistently farming,then selling huge quantities of every possible farmed item at ridiculous prices.Most of these bots belong to gil sellers,since it's the easiest and fastest way for them to make the gil they're selling.This issue has to be addressed,since not only the housing,but also the economy in general is currently degraded to a "cheat to win" and "cheat to get what you want" madness.I understand that some people might view this post as just some new person being whiny,but when you spend >10 hours a day farming for stuff only to go back to the market board and see the same bots butchering the prices,no matter if you're old or new,rich or poor,you are pretty much at your wits's end.The game itself is wonderful so far,but the economy system and every feature that has to do with large sums of gil are currently completely hostile and unapproachable by new players.
    (1)

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast